Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I Want to Thank You Guys ... NOT!

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  CTSV_Rob 
#1 ·
After musing with my wife today about my car which was parked just outside (we had arrived early to a funeral so we had gone to hang out at a nearby McDonalds for 15-20 min), I mentioning how GM had unfortunately under-spec'd the diff in my car and how the new ones (V's) were fixed in that regard. So, out of the blue my wife says, "You should trade it in on a new one then." I'm like :bonkers: !!!

So, now, I've got to catch up on all these threads you guys have been posting up here! That's a lot of reading!!! Thanks a heap, guys! :woohoo:

(Actually, if this does indeed happen, I'll probably wait till 2010. You should see the grin on my face. :D)

#5 ·
i JUST DONT TELL MY WIFE...
Its easier to ask for forgivness than to ask permission... Words to live by...

#6 ·
My wife is the BIG bread winner in our household, so I usually give her the nod in big decisions though we work together pretty well. (Except for about two or three days each month. :duck:)

Now, though I'm strongly partial to a manual trans, I gotta believe the slushbox will not only be pretty darn good, but the car will retain its value better is so equipped. Hm-m ... decisions, decisions ...

I love my wife. :highfive:

#7 ·
My wife would have started griping me out for not waiting until '09 to buy one with a "better" design part. :lol:

She hates it when I spend money.
I hope you get a great one!

#18 ·
Good to know about the mileage, every little bit helps.

I have probably shaved close to 100 pounds off of the car so that should offset the weight of the super charger. even with the Maggie I hope to keep the weight down. Do you have any idea how much everything weighs that you added to yours?

My biggest concern at this point and what I don't have worked out is the clutch. I wonder if the clutch on the 09 will fit on the 07??? The current clutch in the 07 will not hold up to 550 HP from what I have been told.

Things have been picking up at work so I may be closer to a Gen 6 then I thought I was. I have also purchased a spare diff just in case I blow this one before I get the 09 cradle installed.

I sure love the torque this car has and the addition of the Maggie only seems to make it better from what I have seen. HP is nice but torque is what gets me goin' :D

Thanks for the reply Randy and happy hunting for your 09 V!

#21 ·
Good to know about the mileage, every little bit helps.

I have probably shaved close to 100 pounds off of the car so that should offset the weight of the super charger. even with the Maggie I hope to keep the weight down. Do you have any idea how much everything weighs that you added to yours?

My biggest concern at this point and what I don't have worked out is the clutch. I wonder if the clutch on the 09 will fit on the 07??? The current clutch in the 07 will not hold up to 550 HP from what I have been told.

Things have been picking up at work so I may be closer to a Gen 6 then I thought I was. I have also purchased a spare diff just in case I blow this one before I get the 09 cradle installed.

I sure love the torque this car has and the addition of the Maggie only seems to make it better from what I have seen. HP is nice but torque is what gets me goin' :D

Thanks for the reply Randy and happy hunting for your 09 V!
Oops ... didn't see this post till just now.

Weight of the maggie? Yeah, there's some (~40 lbs?) plus the HEX/pump/plumbing minus the LS6 int man. Headers/hi-flo cats weigh less than the stock exh man and cats, but the Corsa is a bit more than the stock exh system. Also added a spare tire/wheel in the trunk and that's probably another 40 lbs. Hots bars a bit more than stockers, and the GC kit is a neglible difference. Not sure where I am exactly ... probably plus something, though ... ~60-70 lbs over stock maybe?

Adding a UUC flywheel would save close to 40 lbs over stock, but don't think I'm going to do it at this point. KARS would add 20-or-so lbs, but that's on hold, too. Personally, I'm trying to get rid of 10 lbs on my belly, so that'll help, too. :rolleyes:

Rob, how did you shave those 100 lbs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.