Cadillac Owners Forum banner
15K views 76 replies 42 participants last post by  Fire and Ice 
#1 ·
Hello,
We had a chance to check out the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V here in Detroit. The vehicle looks great in person. We have attached a few images from the show. They also have a cut away of the new motor. There are quite a few things that are of interest when viewing.

More details to come.

Thanks,

Dr. Design

See less See more
#36 ·
I was in Detroit yesterday specifically to drool over the new CTS-V. I took my own pix, but they are similar to those posted here.

The Recaro sport seats look comfortable, but my "old" rear will probably opt for the regular seat. I saw, but could not touch, the suede steering wheel. While I understand the idea behind it, it would probably work out best in a garage queen; this car would likely be my DD and so a nice, traditional steering wheel cover (perforated leather?) would be great.

But other than that, the car is droolworthy. I can't wait to do a test drive next fall.

#43 ·
I think the perspective might be throwing you off a bit here, because replace that aluminum diff with a cast iron one and you've got the V. The rear support bracket and subframe are identical.

#44 ·
Keep in mind that MSRP is exactly that...manufacturer's suggested retail price. I have never paid sticker or close to sticker for any car I have ever purchased in my life and don't plan to on the 2009 CTS-V. My order for a 2009 CTS-V and 2009 Escalade goes in to my Cadillac dealer in March the day GM's ordering opens up and my dealer knows that they can't charge me anything more than their invoice pricing. This has already been established.

SG

#46 ·
That certainly looks beefy, but I don't like the looks of the giant bushing on the right. I'm sure GM has sorted this one out. Nothing has been complained about by owners, prospective owners and the automotive press, more than the rear differential and hopping suspension. I'm certain that this has been addressed. Heaven help 'em if I'm wrong.

#47 ·
That would be a very good assumption. It is possible with the first V some doubted Caddy owners would do 5K sitesteps. It is now understood that they do that, mods, and more. Nobody is going to officially engineer for more than stock power, but the idea that the whole system is engineered with...ahem...*significant margin* is reasonable.

#49 ·
You don't have to go anywhere near 5K rpms to get the rear a hoppin. I wouldn't even think about droppin the clutch at those tach levels. A quick let out at even 2K can get it boppin around. Forget that just full throttle or even 3/4 throttle from idle can get the rear end livid.

#51 · (Edited)
I agree, and quite honestly am glad that it won't be "a hard and smooth launching, hop free drag-racer". I would much rather the V be something much more respectable like the outstanding track car that it is.

You stiffen the rear end too much and you might as well have a solid rear axle, which is great for drag strip launches, but horrible for things like the Nurburgring and cutting through anything but a level corner.

Fortunately, the V will be equipped with the latest version of MagneRide, which is as close as you can get to both worlds. I think it will do a respectable job launching (at least a better job than the previous generation) without losing the handling advantages gained with an independent rear.

#52 ·
MRC makes a drag launch possible without giving up handling or stiffening the rear. A simple program in the PCM that detects a drag launch (0mph, followed by revving in first gear) can be calibrated to stiffen the rear shocks to 100% jounce and no rebound, which would make for a great peel & go. Once you're moving, the realtime damping control takes back over.

They're doing it on the ZR-1, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the CTS-V.

#61 ·
The following has been played out on this forum so many times I've lost count. :yup:

No, I love cars more.

No, I love cars more.

No, me.

No, me.

Troll.

Bully.

Idiot.

Ban 'em!

Play nice.

I'm sorry.

#69 · (Edited)
I don't drive after dark. Easier to see the scenery blur in the daytime. :lildevil:

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.