Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ?

8K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Dave's V 
#1 ·
With the size engine and the weight of the car, I'm going to guess the auto version will be 12mpg city and 20mpg hwy. Hello Gas Guzzler tax :)

#5 ·
I heard 13/19 on the radio

#9 ·
You are not the real big dogs unless your car breaks the $75,000 barrier. Don't ever do that again. My eyes hurt.

#10 ·
Couple of questions. What did the fuel mileage do when Chevy switched from a 6.0 to 6.2L? Is GM using Direct Port injection in the new V, like they did with the '08 CTS. If not, why? Just curious.

#12 ·
Using the STS-V as a reference, it's a 4.4 ltr SC'd engine and the car weighs approx. 4200 lbs as an automatic. On the sticker it's rated at 12mpg city and 19 hwy. It looks like the 09 CTS-V is going to be close to that weight with a larger base engine. It will be curious to see how they compare.

#15 ·
WHO CARES?

#18 ·
Okay, so you buy a 550 horsepower car and worry about what kind of gas mileage it gets? That doesnt make any sense at all... Go buy a MINI... If you are that worried about paying for gas, you shouldnt be in this car...

#19 ·
It's not a question of being worried about it. It was a simple curiosity as to the mileage the car would have, especially when compared to it's bigger brother the STS-V. As I've found the rated (sticker) city mileage seems low vs actual results, where the hwy rating seems pretty close.

#21 ·
:banghead:So you pay 20 dollars above what you pay now for a tank of gas - that's a week's worth of StarBucks LOL for most of us coffee drinkers; CIWS: if you want to be emotionally vested in a 550HP car don't worry about what the gas costs - you will never enjoy it! Maybe buy a four banger for your daily driving and use the 550HP as a weekend car.

#22 ·
Jebus you guys just don't fracking get it. I drive an STS-V as my one and only daily driver. I'm not worried about gas mileage, I'm looking for semi-educated guesses about this car based on what we currently know about it. :nono:

At least of couple of people here seem to understand the question.

#23 ·
It's a legitimate query. Hell, we '04/'05 maggie guys don't do THAT bad, so I'm guessing ...

Manual: 15/22

Automatic: 14/21

Also, I'm assuming no active fuel management (i.e. cylinder deactivation) which would add 1-2 to the highway numbers.

#28 ·
What is the difference of a V that gets about 19-20mpg compared to say a pickup or SUV? I don't think their sales will suffer that much. European gas prices are inflated by taxes to pay for their benefits. We wouldn't be worrying about paying for health care if we were Europeans (we wouldn't also get as good as health care either IMO) and our roads would have 12 inches of concrete instead of four.

People use to say the same thing when we broke the $1 barrier (yeah I remember that one), then $2, then $3, now we are up to $5-7. Don't worry we will probably see $7 a gallon in about 5-10 years with no increase in other benefits and our roads will still be bumpy with potholes.

#25 ·
@@======D~~

Danny pooh stang claims that this is by far the gheyest font and series of key strokes that you can post on a given thread. I wouldn't fight 'em on this guys, he knows the super secret butt clamp, colon grinder choke hold. Not a pretty sight to be sure. :yup:

#33 ·
Even with 6.2l, I think the 6 speed transmissions will save the gas mileage on this car. It is possible to drive the car staying out of boost, esp on the highway. I'll be optimistic and say that on the highway at least this car will do about as well as the current LS2 Vs. In traffic, etc...or on the drag strip, all bets are off.

Trying to get back on topic, CIWS

#34 ·

It will certainly be interesting to note what difference there is between the 6 speed and the auto with the car. I would tend to agree that the 6 speed / 6th gear should help the hwy rating if it's anything like the ratio in the current Vs.

#35 ·
I don't think there will be much of a difference because both trannies have around the same ratio for 6th gear along with the same rear end ratio. The SC shouldn't be on during normal cruising. Corvette gets around 25mpg on the highway but it is carrying around 800-1000lbs less weight and has a lot taller ratios probably due to the weight also.. Anything above 18-20 on the highway is great IMO. I wouldn't expect much more since SUVs with the 5.3 get about the same gas mileage and they have DOD also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.