Winter wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By neuronbob
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Winter wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; I'm new to the forum having just bought a 2011 Thunder Grey CTS-V Coupe. I sold my Volvo S60R AWD ...
    MSS400 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Winter wheels

I'm new to the forum having just bought a 2011 Thunder Grey CTS-V Coupe. I sold my Volvo S60R AWD for this car and my wife is going to KICK MY BUTT if I need to buy yet another car just to get around in the winter (Chicago area). So, I'd like to find the best winter set-up I can. I think I'll go with 18" wheels. I see many of you have suggested TSW Nurburgrings and Drag dr-37 wheels. Any other suggestions?

Mitch

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
    2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT 6 Roadster
    1969 Pontiac Firebird 400 Convertible

1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Sold when I still had hair)
    1975 Cadillac Sedan DeVille (Sold when I had a little more hair)
    1966 Cadillac Sedan DeVille (Sold before you were born)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I adored my 2005 S60R. Picked it up new in Germany when I was stationed there. Maxed it out at 155 and did 5 laps of the Nurburgring. Such a great car and the best seats of any car I've ever driven. Congrats on your V. Completely different animal.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Winter wheels

Welcome to the forum.

18's are an option and are less expensive than what I did. Many swear by 18's and the ones in your post clear our big brakes.

I purchased another set of stock wheels (mine are satin graphite) and put on Blizzak LM60's in 255/40-19 (e.g. stock front) all around. I've never gotten stuck in the snow here in Cleveland. With my 2009 V, I used stock-sized Sottozeros and the Blizzaks are, honestly, better in the snow.

We now have over four years of experience with this gen V so these options are the best for winter driving.
    MacBuster and MacBuster like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob
    Welcome to the forum.

18's are an option and are less expensive than what I did. Many swear by 18's and the ones in your post clear our big brakes.

I purchased another set of stock wheels (mine are satin graphite) and put on Blizzak LM60's in 255/40-19 (e.g. stock front) all around. I've never gotten stuck in the snow here in Cleveland. With my 2009 V, I used stock-sized Sottozeros and the Blizzaks are, honestly, better in the snow.

We now have over four years of experience with this gen V so these options are the best for winter driving.
    This is what I did....except I got a free set of painted oem wheels because I wanted polished and the dealer just gave me the extras. Only paid $600 for the polished as that was the option price.

V has great manners in the snow with the Blizzaks.

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i am a new V owner, but have not received the car yet. I have my eyes on some corvette look-alike wheels in 18" at a good price. i think they will fit but no one has tried yet. i plan to order a set to try it out in late spring, after I actually have a car to try them on. i will post in a couple months if they fit.

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe
    Welcome! Another Chicago guy. Check another forum for local events when the weather warms up

cvs
    cvs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Vagon (6spd manual, Opulent Blue, Airaid, DiabloSport)

Ditto on the 19" Blizzaks. Bought a second set of factory wheels to do the summer/winter swap. Two winters here in the Detroit area and no problems.

I came from a manual 2004 V70R before this car and still miss it sometimes.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.