Cadillac Owners Forum banner

oCarbon.com - CTS-V carbon fiber trunk trim group buy

16K views 63 replies 13 participants last post by  HUGN*RDS 
#1 · (Edited)
We've had some interest in having a group buy on the trunk trim piece, so lets see if we can get one going.

Price: $400

Price with 5 buyers: $350 (14% off)

Price with 10 buyers: $300 (25% off)

Core Deposit: $65

Because this is a replacement part, and not a cover, we require a $65 refundable core deposit. This is added to the price and is refunded to you if you decide to return your original chrome trunk trim back to us. This price might go down a bit if we're ordering 10 cores. If that does happen, any discount will be refunded to you.

Shipping: $15 anywhere in the US, $25 to Canada, $40 international.

Interested?: Send an email to matt@ocarbon.com with your name, address, the model year of your CTS-V, and if you're a sedan/coupe. Invoices will be mailed out at the 10 buyer price regardless of how many buyers we've got at that point. Once we hit 10, I'll order the cores and can get started. Be sure to spread the word so we hit 10 quickly.

Lead time: Figure about 3 weeks from when we get the cores. How quickly we get the cores depends on how quickly we hit 10 paid buyers.

Group buy participants:

1) tkracing (PAID)
2) Candyblueta (PAID)
3) skunker (PAID)
4) PUFF (unpaid)
5) Humps (unpaid)
6) Saleen09 (unpaid)
7) crusty (PAID)
8)
9)
10)

Pictures of the trunk trim:

See less See more
#17 ·
Matt,

Can you incorporate a decal with the CF? Thinking either a small "V" emblem or maybe "cadillac". Just a thought..

something like this...

View attachment 100001
Probably not. I'd probably be breaking copyright law by adding a logo of that nature. If it's something you really want I can ask my lawyer about it.

#26 ·
Depends on when you paid. I think the first few people should have theirs ready pretty quick. Some of the later people I just got cores for, so we're still a few weeks away while I manufacture them. No firm ETA yet, but I'll post some pictures and get a better ETA of the progress next week.

#36 ·
No updates yet. These were supposed to be clearcoated last week (and finished by now), but unfortunately Arizona has been experiencing a hard freeze with temps in the 20s-40s, and thats just too cold to clearcoat (its the coldest its been in 25 years, apparently). We aren't used to this kind of weather, and usually have pretty poor results when we try and clearcoat when its colder.

Fortunately, its supposed to be back in the 70s by Thursday, so I'm hoping we can shoot the clear on Thursday or Friday and I can get some more pictures of the first batch of finished pieces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.