Cadillac Owners Forum banner

oCarbon.com - CTS-V carbon fiber trunk trim group buy

16K views 63 replies 13 participants last post by  HUGN*RDS 
#1 · (Edited)
We've had some interest in having a group buy on the trunk trim piece, so lets see if we can get one going.

Price: $400

Price with 5 buyers: $350 (14% off)

Price with 10 buyers: $300 (25% off)

Core Deposit: $65

Because this is a replacement part, and not a cover, we require a $65 refundable core deposit. This is added to the price and is refunded to you if you decide to return your original chrome trunk trim back to us. This price might go down a bit if we're ordering 10 cores. If that does happen, any discount will be refunded to you.

Shipping: $15 anywhere in the US, $25 to Canada, $40 international.

Interested?: Send an email to matt@ocarbon.com with your name, address, the model year of your CTS-V, and if you're a sedan/coupe. Invoices will be mailed out at the 10 buyer price regardless of how many buyers we've got at that point. Once we hit 10, I'll order the cores and can get started. Be sure to spread the word so we hit 10 quickly.

Lead time: Figure about 3 weeks from when we get the cores. How quickly we get the cores depends on how quickly we hit 10 paid buyers.

Group buy participants:

1) tkracing (PAID)
2) Candyblueta (PAID)
3) skunker (PAID)
4) PUFF (unpaid)
5) Humps (unpaid)
6) Saleen09 (unpaid)
7) crusty (PAID)
8)
9)
10)

Pictures of the trunk trim:

See less See more
#38 ·
Update!

Finally was able to clearcoat the first few of these badboys and they turned out awesome. Still need to be wetsanded and polished, but we're in the home stretch for a lot of them now (you might be able to see a few specs of dust here or there in these pictures that will get buffed out).

I don't know whos is whos at this point, but these first few that are finished are for coupes, the sedans will be a bit longer. So if you're a coupe and you paid early, yours will be out the door and on the way soon.

Onto the pictures:

We've got a bunch morei n the pipelines as well...

#52 ·
Mostly just interior trim pieces. You can check out a gallery of some of those pieces here: http://ocarbon.com/gallery/cts-v/adrian

-

That being said, someone in the group buy emailed me and expressed some concern about the duration of this group buy (which is totally understandable, its taken way longer than we anticipated). If anyone has any similar concerns and wants to get a refund, just shoot me an email at matt@ocarbon.com and I'll get that taken care of for you. I still can't make any promises about how quickly we'll get the next few pieces out, as they are still coming along slowly, but they are getting finished and getting shipped out.

At the end of the day, I'd rather have a few people mad at me for being late on a part than mad at me for sending out a poor quality part, so I'd like to take the time to make sure its done right from the start. I do appreciate you guys that are being patient, hopefully a quality part will be worth the wait. But if anyone else is having hesitations, just shoot me an email and I'll get you a refund, no problem.

#60 ·
Any update Matt? April?
We've got 3 coupes without backup cameras done, and a few with backup cameras that will be done shortly. And a handful of sedans both with and without that are nearing completion.

I don't care if its June but seems a little ridiculous we have to beg for an update.
Email is the best way to get ahold of me for updates. I can usually get back to you within a day or two, unless its a weekend then its going to be a bit longer. I currently have about 200 unread emails to go through, and that takes some time. As much as I'd love to be able to respond to every email in a quicker fashion, its much more important for me to work on parts so I can get them finished and out the door.

And as always, if anyone is tired of waiting, they can always shoot me an email for a refund. We've issued quite a few on this deal and have no problem issuing more.

#62 ·
Looks like you emailed me in Friday. I need more time to get back to you, especially if its over a weekend. You would have received a response this evening or tomorrow morning. I'm away from my desk all day working on parts so I don't have the luxury of responding to emails as the come in.

#64 ·
Hey guys I think this is the most appropriate place for this.

My 09 V does not have “Cadillac” insignia scribed into the rear chrome trim piece on the trunk (above the license plate, right side). I was driving the other day and saw a regular 08+ CTS with the insignia on the piece though! I was super jealous..

Can anybody in this thread point me in the direction of the rear trunk trim piece with “Cadillac” on it, whether you have one for sale yourself or not, or advise me as to where I can find one? I tried searching for this little tid-bit but I couldn’t come up with any results.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.