Cadillac Owners Forum banner

drag dr-37

20K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  IBMike 
#1 ·
drag extreme alloy dr-37

has anyone used these rims on all 4 corners? i was thinking of the 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear and run pilot ss 2555/40/19 and 295/35/19 then use stock rears for mt drag radials 305/35/19 . i am just curious why they are so cheap compared to everything else for our cars. are they poor quality? also seems strange that they are on the discount tire website but not on the drag extreme alloy website

#2 ·
I have heard mixed reviews on the dr37 wheels. I bought a set of 18inch rears with a set of Nitto NT05R drag radials on them. Got them from discount tire. I have been to the track 3 times with them (about 100 miles or so plus about 12 1/4 mile passes) and have nothing but good to say about them. The finish is nice, they are light weight and ride nice and smooth. If I had any complaint it would just be that the were tuff to find lug nuts for. The area where the lug nut goes is very narrow so I had to get a tall acorn type lug nut and a thin wall socket to install. Don't know if there is any truth to it but I was told by discount tires rep that they are cast from the exact mold that they use for TSW Nuebering (??) but the cost is much less.

#3 ·
I use 19 x 8.5 in black finish for my winter setup. Only used them for a month or so last winter, but they look great and I haven't had any problems. Great wheel especially for the price. +1 on the lug nuts. I got the Gorilla brand and they look nice and work very well.

#9 ·
thebigjimsho said:
Discount Tire included lugs and hubcentric rings for my TSWs when I bought mine from them. I thought this was included, free? It was for me. Maybe you need to buy for all 4 corners??
They gave me a great deal on the setup I bought but it was just the rear wheels and tires. They included the centering rings and heat cycled the tires for free and gave me a $60 discount off website prices and free shipping. They were by far the best price around real easy to deal with. I think if you buy the 4 wheel package they do include free lugs with the order. The lugs only cost me $25 for a full set with locks, it just took a little shopping around local auto parts stores to find a set that fit the wheel correctly.

#12 ·
MacBuster said:
Looks like you put some 18 inchers on your V2. No clearance issues?
I did use the 18 inch Dr37's. If you go on discount tire direct and probably many other tire sites, they have a tire size calculator. I used a Nitto NT05R drag radial. The wheel clears the calipers fine and sits on the car almost the same as stock. With the 285/40r18 the ride height is almost identical to stock with the factory 19's. Factory ride height is 26.85 inches and with the 18's it's 26.98 inches.

#13 ·
Mikes2009V said:
They gave me a great deal on the setup I bought but it was just the rear wheels and tires. They included the centering rings and heat cycled the tires for free and gave me a $60 discount off website prices and free shipping. They were by far the best price around real easy to deal with. I think if you buy the 4 wheel package they do include free lugs with the order. The lugs only cost me $25 for a full set with locks, it just took a little shopping around local auto parts stores to find a set that fit the wheel correctly.
Even if they weren't free, I'm surprised they didn't offer to sell you the lugs. They obviously stock them...

#19 ·
V locity said:
Mike,

What size & offset did you get for the rear setup? Do they tuck or are they sticking out at all?

Thanks Man!!!
Here is a link to the exact wheel I bought. Back space is 40mm and I used the silver with the machine lip. I was trying to stay as close to stock looking and fitting as possible without paying $500+ per wheel. The ride height is almost exactly the same as factory and they sit perfectly flush with the wheel well. Let me know if you need nothing else.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...18203|2009&pc=62865&tmn=DR-37&typ=Car/Minivan

#24 · (Edited)
Just to confirm (and beat a dead horse) before I order...these will fit all fours corner for my winter setup

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-120&pc=62858&counter=6&wd=18&rw=8.5

18x8.5
5x120
40 offset

What size snow tires do you guys recommend with these specific wheels( I know narrow is better)?

OK- thinking of running these for winter tires.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?pc=12752&ar=45&wd=18&rd=18&rw=8.5&cs=255

255/45/18...thoughts on these too?

#28 ·
Yes got a smokin deal on the combo wheel/tire package from discountiredirect.com. Included lugs and mounting and balancing, shipped to my door. They are sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. Prob going to go on thanksgiving weekend, as the temp are still in the 50s in S jersey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.