Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Detailing interior gloss black trim?

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  larry arizona 
#1 ·
Hi all, my gloss black plastic trim on center console has many fine scratches.
I was planning on mcquires interior detailer spray, and a microfiber cloth.

Any products or processes to shine it up or improve appearance?

#5 ·
TTuned>>>A suggestion to deal with your scratches....the product is Zenith Co., TIBET ALMOND STICK...Ace Hardware has it as does Duluth Trading Co. ...it is a stick you rub on the scratch....I use it on my hardwood floors and have used it on scratched plastic....inexpensive way to hide scratches.....worth a try!

#8 ·
Did some investigating and the piano black trim is actually a pre painted mold in color film. They lay a pre painted film into an injection mold for say the trim plates and then they mold the trim plate and it comes out with a painted top surface. Anyways I did an experiment with two 3m products I use for exterior paint correction. 3MPefect-it and 3MFinesse-it. Perfect-it is a swirl mark remover via machine or hand. I tried it on the center stack trim and it worked well with only 2 minutes of actual working it by hand. I did not care for the finesse-it. I followed with an exterior meguiars ultimate wax (not a wax but a polymer detailer that is decent). It worked VERY WELL. I know if I spent 15 minutes with it I can get ALL fine scratches out the the piano black trim.:thumbsup: 3MPerfect-it is like $10. Dont be afraid of that paino black trim. Very pleased with the results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.