CTS-V Coupe Possilbe To Upgrade to Recaro Seats?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS-V Coupe Possilbe To Upgrade to Recaro Seats? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; Hey guys, I always cruise the forums, never really post because I always find the answers I need, purchased my ...
    alex310 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

UnhappyCTS-V Coupe Possilbe To Upgrade to Recaro Seats?

Hey guys, I always cruise the forums, never really post because I always find the answers I need, purchased my CTS-V Coupe December 1, 2011, been driving it for about a month and half now and I get really bad back pains, sometimes I get dizzy on long trips, I find myself putting my left leg up above the AC vent to reduce the pain. I have never in my life had back pain, and this is driving me nuts.

I went to the dealer, tried out the Recaro Seats in a CTS-V Coupe and it was holding me up great, I was wondering is it possible to upgrade just the driver seat? I noticed someone did it in a 2009 Sedan had to change some wires. Any sources for the seats? Or am I pretty much stuck with the dealer? Would it be possible to trade with someone?

Any feedback would be much appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I think all you're going to have is that thread. It's certainly not just plug and play...

Re: CTS-V Coupe Possilbe To Upgrade to Recaro Seats?

Yeah, I guessed it, thank you for your response, I might just put more padding into the original seat and wait for a used seat to pop up Cadillac wants 2800 a seat

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Ouch.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

you don't need to change wires. They're a direct swap. The thread you're referring to the OP bought pre-production seats which were different.

Yeah, I guessed it, thank you for your response, I might just put more padding into the original seat and wait for a used seat to pop up Cadillac wants 2800 a seat
    AFAIK, you can not order the seat as a 1 piece unit currently anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    you don't need to change wires. They're a direct swap. The thread you're referring to the OP bought pre-production seats which were different.

AFAIK, you can not order the seat as a 1 piece unit currently anyway.
    Oh wow, thanks for the information! So the dealer will not be able to put a seat together for me? That sucks!

Well I guess I'll just be on a hunt for a used set, or if a member wants to trade, I'll pay!

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by alex310 View Post
    Yeah, I guessed it, thank you for your response, I might just put more padding into the original seat...
    D3 does this type of work; I've seen some XLR seats they bolstered and they looked pretty cool.

JasonDeezy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

ALEX310, where do you live, SoCal? What color are your seats? I might be willing to trade my Recaros because they don't feel like I thought they would. I'd be interested in a swap plus $ cash for mine with just under 600 miles on 'em. Let me know...

jasondeezy@yahoo.com

11. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.