Exhaust Dilemma. Kooks Headers.....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thebigjimsho
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Exhaust Dilemma. Kooks Headers..... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So my final round of mods is complete and car is a animal. Currently have a Customer blower cam installed, ...
    09CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Exhaust Dilemma. Kooks Headers.....

So my final round of mods is complete and car is a animal. Currently have a Customer blower cam installed, 10 inch lower pulley, id 850 injectors, 50 mm idler, bracket relocater, Trunion upgrade and hardened pushrods, Air raid , Kooks 2 inch primaries headers coated , Kooks catted X pipe to the factory mufflers. Car is making 631 rwhp and 595 torque. Runs awesome and pulls like a freight train. Kooks was awesome quality fit and finish.

My dilemma is I went with the factory exhaust hooked up to the Kooks system after reading and hearing many videos seemed along the lines of what I wanted. Somewhat aggressive but no rasp and still sounds good and quiet on highway. Prior to the cam install and kooks I had BB cat back exhaust system which I loved. I took that off hearing from people it would be too loud with the Kooks. Well the factory mufflers with the Kooks just doesnt seem to be cutting it for me. I want alittle more sound and noise. Factory is just too quiet. I pulled one muffler off and hooked up my old BB muffler to the pipe with a adapter and started it. Sounded bad ass and crisp but I am wondering how loud it will be under load at higher rpms . I am torn. Love the sound of the B and B but seems it might just be too loud and also dont want drone. I had some before but it was ok for most part. Wondering if it will be even more now with headers.??

So does anyone have kooks with B and B axle back and high flo cats? Is there drone? Is it too loud? Has anyone installed resonators with the B and B and kooks to tone it down alittle?? Thanks guys.

Yes i read about 9 million posts. Inconclusive findings....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Just remember that it will be MUCH louder outside and behind the V, in general. I was shocked when someone showed me on video doing a driveby on the roadcourse with my Kooks/stock muffs setup.

Make sure you won't be setting alarms and causing 911 calls with that setup. The Vs are so well isolated...
    Slizzo likes this.

Re: Exhaust Dilemma. Kooks Headers.....

ya had my brother driving behind me yesterday in his 300 C and when we stopped he just said " man that thing is quiet" you hear alittle noise then just a rush of air" LOL
    I was used to sound in car before with just the BB cat back which i loved. Its much quieter then even that now with stock mufflers and headers.

Been watching more videos and thinking maybe ill get a set of stainless works mufflers? Seem alittle more toned down and still deep and clear....anyone with Kooks headers, X pipe and SW mufflers???

Boy this sucks.

Too many options!

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Kooks 2 test pipes 2 factory muffs?

Any one have videos of Kooks with cattless x pipe and factory muffs with cam?

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

If no videos I hit Donut Derelicts about once or twice a month with mine.
    Sort of loud, but very nice sound quality and I get quite a few props on the sound.

Houdini is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

I have kooks with catless xpipe to stock mufflers. I absolutely love it but I'm sure you'll think it is still too quiet (I don't think the catless xpipe really added much sound).

I put electric cutouts in front of the mufflers so whenever I want it to be NASCAR nasty I open them up :

Steve2011VCp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have same question, I'd like a bit more of a throaty sound, but not so loud it overpowers inside with the windows up; I've been thinking Kooks Headers, with X-Pipe to stock mufflers, will that help or create a performance/computer issue? Or is there a better option that also adds HP?

I have a bone stock 11-V-Coupe.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    SHO Convention 2010 13 Big James' with The V8 Cad…: http://youtu.be/gksnH_Pkfvw

Sorry, I'm on mobile and just copied and pasted. If anyone wants to make that a link.

That's Kooks catted headers w/ stock muffs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.