Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wagon Exhaust - Corsa vs SW

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  citori01 
#1 ·
I want to get an exhaust for my 12' Wagon and normally I'd go with magnaflow but that isn't an option. So I have Corsa Sport or Stainless works cat back. I'm worried about drone and overall noise level on the highway. I've herd corsa's before but never Stainless works. Although I think it is a little crazy to spend the same amount on just corsa mufflers, than a whole system from SW. Any thoughts on either?

#7 ·
SW has gotten some pretty grim reviews on their catbacks by many people. Corsa seems to get nothing but glowing reports. Other wagon catback options are Billy Boat and KPE. Very little information on either of those though although a couple BB threads had some bad fitment complaints. I'm leaning to Corsa Sports for simplicity and the good reviews.

#8 ·
I just switched from an 09 sedan to a 13 wagon. Sedan had B&B catbacks, and now wagon has SW long-tube headers & catted x-pipe into stock muffs. I LOVE the new combo!!

I loved the B&B, but it was loud all the time. I bought it specifically for audible feedback (I've got the manual and prefer to shift by sound) not power, and it met that purpose. But it was loud at start-up, loud at idle, and loud at WOT.

The SW headers + stock muffs is the perfect Jekyll/Hyde combo for me. It's slightly louder at start-up and low revs, but is an absolute banshee at WOT. I can't keep my foot out of it with this combo! It's intoxicating. When I first picked my car up from 21CMC, I took a short tunnel under the Addison airport. I could not stop laughing at the racket I generated! My young sons are telling me to chill out with the short blasts, but I can't stop.

+1 on headers + stock exhaust!

#9 ·
I run the Kooks headers , catted X pipe and factory mufflers. Little bit quiet for me but very clean and nice sound. I love WOT sound just wish it was a tad louder at middle range. But once I hooked up my old B and B' just too damn loud and obnoxious so I put back on the stock mufflers and am getting used to it now. Such a sleeper...:)

#12 ·
Another option is Borla, even though they don't have a wagon specific model.

I put a Borla (p/n 140364) on my '12 wagon. It took a little time to get everything lined up and clearing everything, but have had zero problems in the 9 months it has been on the car. There was no modifications required to get it to fit, either to the car or exhaust. Just take your time with the slip joints and have someone helping when you do the final torquing of the bolts to keep things from moving.

#14 ·
I have the SW headers with the 3" back to magnaflow mufflers and SW tips. It has the perfect sound at idle, no drone, and awesome sound at WOT. My installer said the only thing wrong was the ends where the other pipes fit into had to be opened up a little due to shipping having beaten the slotted ends closed at the slits. Other than that it was perfect. If I had to do again I would go the same route. Price for headers all the way back is pretty good for what all you get IMHO.

----------

By the way this is on a coupe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.