Exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Exhaust in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; This might sound like a stupid question but I know any of you guys might know the right answer. I ...
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade

Exhaust

This might sound like a stupid question but I know any of you guys might know the right answer.

I recently installed a axel back Borla Touring Exhaust system. Even tho it sounds great when I step on the gas I'm a little disappointed because I am looking for more. When I'm gliding it's dead quiet until I step on the gas, I'm looking to get that back fire sound. My friend told me to add the X pipe to the system and that should do it. What is your advise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mr. Hyde is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Exhaust

Well, when I installed my Borla, I also installed the X-pipe at the same time.
    I get plenty of pops (backfires, if you will, although they are not really backfires) So maybe that is your next step.
    You will even get pops in between shifts (with manual) I know you have an Auto

RVC
    RVC is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    My Stainless Works does this all the time.

marc4sgr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the touring as well. Thats the whole idea behind it, loud but not to the point its obnoxious in the cabin. I can say it does get louder over time for sure but will never sound like the sport system. Also when the revs are down its quiet, which I enjoy but when you are taking it through the twisties you will get some noise and pops when the RPMs are really kept up.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

be careful what you ask for. Do you really want an annoying rumble ALL the time? It has a tendency to get on your nerves after a while then you kick yourself for screwing up your Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.