Top speed test M6 transmission. Found speedlimmiter - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Top speed test M6 transmission. Found speedlimmiter in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have about 640 rwhp and hit 200 on the Interstate the other day. I took it to 190 when ...
    SPEED74V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: Top speed test M6 transmission. Found speedlimmiter

I have about 640 rwhp and hit 200 on the Interstate the other day. I took it to 190 when it was stock also. However at 200 - my driver side fog lamp completely shot back out of the socket and was still hanging by the wire. It broke the plastic around the lamp also, so I replaced the whole lamp unit and plastic surrounding it.
    Club Malibu likes this.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 2013CTSV View Post
    I don't really agree, I've hit 170 in my car based on the speedo and the car was still pulling quite healthily. I'm at about 500-525 whp right now so it does not seem so far fetched.
    This post means nothing....170mph is nothing like 200mph when talking about the power needed to over come the drag at that speed. The new Shelby mustang was supposed to crack 200mph stock, but in independent testing almost always fails to get there, and that is with another 106 hp vs the V. Of course, the drag profiles between the two cars are completely different, but still power requirements in order to overcome drag increase with the cube of speed. If you double your speed, each unit of air that the car displaces is pushed aside at twice the speed, which requires four times the kinetic energy.

Basically as you get to the higher speeds, drag takes a much larger toll on the car.

K-manV2-6MT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V 6MT

The car is limited to 191mph stock; that has been proven. Would Cadillac really put a limiter at the absolute maximum speed? Unlikely. I think its crazy to think it is not a 200+mph car.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-manV2-6MT View Post
    The car is limited to 191mph stock; that has been proven. Would Cadillac really put a limiter at the absolute maximum speed? Unlikely. I think its crazy to think it is not a 200+mph car.
    It's NOT limited. That is drag limited. As in it doesn't have the power to go faster...

tdyguy2k is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 12 Blk Diamond CTS-V M6, 05 Stealth Grey V Traded

Maybe a dumb question here, but is it lacking power or is it running out of headroom due to gearing? Would it maybe top out a little higher with a 3.55 or 3.42 rear gear, in a manual, as opposed to the 3.73 that's in there?
    Mike
    Retired

So, how's that whole "Hopey -Changey" thing working out for ya?

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

The resistive force of drag isn't linear and instead increases exponentially with speed. So if you think you'll just make your V 2000hp and hit 300mph, you're wrong.

Also, tires aren't going to hold up to sustained 200+mph speeds. There is a reason the Veyron has special rubber that is $69k a set.

pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    The resistive force of drag isn't linear and instead increases exponentially with speed. So if you think you'll just make your V 2000hp and hit 300mph, you're wrong.

Also, tires aren't going to hold up to sustained 200+mph speeds. There is a reason the Veyron has special rubber that is $69k a set.
    That also includes replacing the wheels to prevent fatigue fractures from becoming too much a factor from the stress all that torque puts on them.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by pillaplease
    That also includes replacing the wheels to prevent fatigue fractures from becoming too much a factor from the stress all that torque puts on them.
    Well his 2000 hp V will have a lot of torque too!

CJCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by caddilac2 View Post
    Found out that there is some kind of speed limmiter at 206 mph / 330km/h right around 5700rpm on 6 gear. I have 640 rwhp and ofcourse aftermarket tuning.
    Find the "other" owners forum and re-ask your question. You'll get replies that will actually help your situation and not accuse you of being a liar.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Is this a tasting?

caddilac2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think it could be the fuelpressure gettin low becas i have the stock fuelpumps and e85. I take the air "ram air" in the front also. I am not going that far on the rpm scale in that speed any more. I had no sound from the windshild. This is also not gps speed, just the speedo and they usualy reads a but to high at high speed.

caddilac2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here is i little video i took http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcu9OCWZ02c

not quite as fast but you see that it has more to give.

pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by caddilac2 View Post
    Here is i little video i took http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcu9OCWZ02c

not quite as fast but you see that it has more to give.
    Holy shit. My you-know-what puckered just watching that video.

Spalding_Speaks is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 6spd
    that motor was pulling harddd in 6th...plenty left! I definitely couldn't disagree with 206...shit that car could almost compete in NASCAR ;>}

youknooow is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Quote Originally Posted by Club Malibu View Post
    I recall years ago that Renntech while tuning their super high horsepower Mercedes kept hitting hidden secret rev limiters in the software. Stock I think was around 150 mph, then then cracked that part of the software code then again about 170, then again at 200 and I think it was straight fuel cutoff at 212+. They did not know why. They thought it was just safeguards against people like them killing themselves.

Maybe 206mph is the magic number where the V generates lift. Or parts start flying off the car.
    LMAO at parts flying off

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.