ZL1 supercharger lid - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, ZL1 supercharger lid in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by venomns Damn. Another part I need. Lid or Dremel???????????????...
    baabootoo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: ZL1 supercharger lid

Quote Originally Posted by venomns View Post
    Damn. Another part I need.
    Lid or Dremel???????????????

venomns is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lid. Have 4 dremels.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay Cadillac Parts View Post
    are presently not available....however when they do become available (hopefully soon) I will have them at $322.00 (that includes the gasket you will need). dont be fooled by the handful that are on Ebay currently at much higher prices! have a little patience and save some $$'s. send me an email at lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com and I will let you know when they start arriving again.

and for those who don't know, the ZL1 supercharger lid provides better cooling than the stock V cover.
    Well I guess GM noticed how many of these lids were being sold because on the new price tape (effective June 1st) they have gone up...my new discounted price is $351.81 for the lid and gasket (plus shipping)
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You surprised, Luke? Hahaha

Da V-Man is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm surprised they waited this long. I would have expected a price increase on new orders early last month when the backordered lids started shipping again.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

I have 2 on hand that it appears the folks on my list changed their minds on. 703-647-8670 between 730-4 EST
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

caddyctsv2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    Got mine today. Thanks Luke.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I installed the blower lid last night which took the better part of 20 minutes with an electric screw driver and a socket wrench for the strut bar brace to replace. The ZL1 lid even comes with all the sensors and screws in place ready to be tightened. Very nice.

When I closed the hood, the blower did rub one of the hood bracing budges under the fiber pad attached to the bottom of the hood.

The size of the rub spot was @ 1/4" by 2 1/2" caused by the very front edge of the blower rubbing against the hood. I removed the padding with a "wonder Bar" commonly used in construction. Worked great for removing the round black plastic clips. Then used a cutting wheel to cut out a small square of the aluminum hood bulge where the rubbing occurred and reattached the fiber pad.

Again, total installation, 20 minutes.

BTW I reused the longer, stock connecting hoses to connect the ZL1 lid and purchased another one just like it from the dealer because it had 90 degree bends at the ends which are needed to connect the new lid. Total cost of the new hose $42.00. What a rip off for a 2" hose. But it fit better than just getting a straight 5/8" hose and bending it.

Al in all, a very simple swap. I don't notice a power gain but if I dynode the car, I might see it.

Just a quick FYI post

CTSV UT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan, 2000 Eldorado ETC

I am not exactly sure what the IAT2 temp range is but, if it is around 150F it would only take around a 25F temperature drop to achieve 20hp. On the LT4 the GM engineer said the air temp coming out of the blower was 150F lower than the air coming out of the blower on the ZR1. That will be big for power and heat soak on the intercooler. Sounds like these guys at GM are really doing the home work on the next V and Z06.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Don't use the sensors on your ZL1 lid - swap over the originals to avoid potential issues as not all sensors are the same.

I am using the same sensors that came with the new lid which look the same as the original ones. No problems here.

BBD
    BBD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    I installed the blower lid last night which took the better part of 20 minutes with an electric screw driver and a socket wrench for the strut bar brace to replace. The ZL1 lid even comes with all the sensors and screws in place ready to be tightened. Very nice.

When I closed the hood, the blower did rub one of the hood bracing budges under the fiber pad attached to the bottom of the hood.

The size of the rub spot was @ 1/4" by 2 1/2" caused by the very front edge of the blower rubbing against the hood. I removed the padding with a "wonder Bar" commonly used in construction. Worked great for removing the round black plastic clips. Then used a cutting wheel to cut out a small square of the aluminum hood bulge where the rubbing occurred and reattached the fiber pad.

Again, total installation, 20 minutes.

BTW I reused the longer, stock connecting hoses to connect the ZL1 lid and purchased another one just like it from the dealer because it had 90 degree bends at the ends which are needed to connect the new lid. Total cost of the new hose $42.00. What a rip off for a 2" hose. But it fit better than just getting a straight 5/8" hose and bending it.

Al in all, a very simple swap. I don't notice a power gain but if I dynode the car, I might see it.

Just a quick FYI post
    Can you post a pic of what hose you had to buy? I bought the lid but have not installed it yet and want to make sure I have everything on hand when I do this.

Thanks,

I don't know how to post pictures but its real straight forward. There are two hoses connecting the lid to feed lines on the passenger side of the engine bay. One comes from a coolant fill neck and another which is longer connects to a hard tube on the passenger fender. That's the one you need to get.

Don't forget to pick up a qt of coolant before starting the project. To fill the new intercooler brick you need about 1 1/2 cups of coolant.

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

So I'm guessing the LS9 (ZR1) uses a completely different blower and the lid off those doesn't fit the LSAs?

baabootoo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    So I'm guessing the LS9 (ZR1) uses a completely different blower and the lid off those doesn't fit the LSAs?
    I believe so.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.