Pulley combo..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Pulley combo.. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just wanted some ideas on which pulley combination worked best for these cars. I have a D3 CAI and SW ...
    Jake CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cad CTSV

Pulley combo..

Just wanted some ideas on which pulley combination worked best for these cars.
    I have a D3 CAI and SW headers and X pipe (no cats) and corsa axle
    back. It's only running at 5 lbs of boost right now and I'd like to be
    around 15. What would be the best combo to get me there. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Re: Pulley combo..

I run 2.55/9.1 IIRC. Gives me 15psi on the gauge. Any combo above that gets the blower spinning too fast for reliability IMO.

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

2.55/9.1 is my vote as well... a lot of people run this setup and you'll be around 15 psi.

Cool thanks for the feedback. Did either if you do injectors with that combo. And if so what size. I was going to do a cam and converter along with the pulleys

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake CTSV
    Just wanted some ideas on which pulley combination worked best for these cars. I have a D3 CAI and SW headers and X pipe (no cats) and corsa axle back. It's only running at 5 lbs of boost right now and I'd like to be around 15. What would be the best combo to get me there. Thanks
    If you have headers, it's doubtful that combo will get you 15 psi if you're not seeing about 9 stock. If it's 15 you're after, you'll get there but look at keeping the heat down, too.

I have SW long tube headers. Before I put the exhaust on I was getting about 9lbs. I was looking and getting a different HX and maybe an ice box. Not sure about which one of those to buy either. Looking at the pricy D3 one or one from weaponX. I will also be putting meth on it so that should help a little

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

Quote Originally Posted by Jake CTSV View Post
    Cool thanks for the feedback. Did either if you do injectors with that combo. And if so what size. I was going to do a cam and converter along with the pulleys
    i.d. 850 injectors, and no need for a stall. keep it stock. guys running 9's with stock stalls.

The shop I take my car to recommended to get the stall because after I do the cam it will want to push thru the brakes when I'm stopped.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

do at your own risk, most guys who changed stalls grenaded their trans. do a search and you'll soon see. I would go to a new shop as they
    don't know wtf they're taking about. there is another cts-v 'owners" enthusiast forum, I suggest you find it and talk to the guys who know, and
    assume nothing.

may I ask what cam they are pushing on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn View Post
    i.d. 850 injectors, and no need for a stall. keep it stock. guys running 9's with stock stalls.
    +1 Also added a GT11 cam and springs

Not sure what kind of cam. They call it the monstR package.. Still kinda unsure about it but they haven't done me wrong so far. Fast motorsports out if Woodstock il is who does all my work. They have that cam package on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake CTSV View Post
    Not sure what kind of cam. They call it the monstR package.. Still kinda unsure about it but they haven't done me wrong so far. Fast motorsports out if Woodstock il is who does all my work. They have that cam package on their website.
    They did their prototype trans cooler on my V a year or two ago. Seemed like a good group of guys. The cooler works great especially on road racing days.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

10" lower/2.85" upper (the "better" of the two options in my opinion) or the aforementioned 2.5" upper and 9.1" lower is about as fast as you'll want to spin the blower. With the right supporting mods, you'll likely be in excess of 700rwhp.

Those two pulley combinations are very aggressive though and if you don't have the proper cooling mods, cam, ported heads, etc., you might run into some problems and not meet expectations. If you don't want to spend fairly decent $$$, I'd consider kicking it down a notch, especially if you are running 91 octane gas.

A meth kit instead of the heads is an option, but that's another consumable to add to the mix. While meth will certainly help, I'm skeptical that meth alone is going to help that combination reach it's potential & similar, if not better, rwhp numbers could be obtained with a more conservative combo. Note that a ZL1 intercooler cover is a good thing here as well (good luck finding one right now...).

Ben from Weaponx is an excellent resource to talk to for various combinations, but I will say that he's likely to agree with what is typed above

Thanks for all the input. You guys gave me some really good advise and I defiantly am going to be looking into a new HX now. Seems like a must when doing pulleys. Btw we get 93 where I'm at so I'm guessing that should be a little better. Thanks again

So I decieded to go with the 2.55 / 9.1 combo. Now my next question is should I buy them both from the same company or does one company make a good top pulley but another company makes a better bottom? And what's your guys opinion on who has the best quality pulley out there. Thanks again

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.