Transmission Issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Transmission Issue in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I got my car tuned a few months ago and love the tune, makes 510whp and it barely changed ...
    HWIRLL is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Transmission Issue

So I got my car tuned a few months ago and love the tune, makes 510whp and it barely changed the shift patterns....that being said yesterday I manual shifted it to 3rd and hit it and it was probably the hardest pull I've felt the car do, then after coming out of the gym headed home it started shifting aggressively and when coming to a stop down shifting aggressively. Then it got to where it wouldn't shift into 5 or 6 even in manual mode. Took it to the dealer and they said what I expected...take the tune out of it. But I don't think it's the tune. For some reason at the dealer it didn't do it, then when I picked it up it started again (figures). I figure I'd wait for it to throw a check engine light again so they could pull the code next time. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Re: Transmission Issue

Well, im not sure what that could be.

Inside the transmission 4-5-6 share the same clutch pack But 5 shares another clutch pack that is the 2-5-R. Usually if you loose 4th to 6th gear, it is just the 456 clutch pack. However, what you are saying doesn't sound like aclutch problem at all.

does your issue happen if you put it in normal mode, or performance mode or both?

Maybe get the person to put your stock tune in it and see if the problem goes away. Not sure what else you have for mods either but 510 sounds really high if you are all stock.

It happens when I'm in automatic mode then if I put it in manual mode to try n shift to 5 or 6 it just blinks at me. All I have is a CAI and a tune and I was a little off on e whp it's 507. Not much difference I guess. I think I'll ge the dealer to flash it back to stock on the transmission and leave the engine tune like it is. I had to get it tuned to to buying a Hennessey CAI. I should have went with an Airaid.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Overheating the transmission? Does it function normally after the car sits a while?

Well I'm not sure if it works normally after it sits really but I know that of a tech gets near it it works perfectly. I guess I need a Cadillac tech to ride around with me all day. I've got an appointment for it Friday to wipe out the trans tune and see what happens. I'm hoping it will throw a code again so they know what they're looking at.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

blinking means override meaning as in the conditions needed where not met. How fast are you going when you are trying to put it into 5th or 6th. There are speed and throttle values that have to be met for a manual shift to be allowed. Meaning when you are a complete stop, every car will blink if you are at a stop and try to manually go past 3rd gear. It will flash, however if you are moving past 30mph then it will allow all the way to 6th.

Haha, yeah I know. I was going about 50mph in 4th running around 4000rpms and it needed to shift up but wouldn't. Now it's been doing fine for the past few days for some reason. Maybe it just went into limp mode and now it's back to normal. I got the tech to add another quart to it.

anxiouz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan A6, Airaid, Borla

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    however if you are moving past 30mph then it will allow all the way to 6th.
    Not really important but I've got to be over 40mph to get into 6th in Manual mode.

Nothing since! Seems to be doing fine but now I'm worried about getting on it to much or driving it long distances. I lose faith in a car after it acts up on me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.