I need 80 more hps
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jc09ctsv
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, I need 80 more hps in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Members, I need 80 more horses. Tell me what I need without sacrificing driveability. I already have the Airaid CAI. ...
    1Sensei is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV COUPE

Question I need 80 more hps

Members, I need 80 more horses. Tell me what I need without sacrificing driveability. I already have the Airaid CAI. 80 ponies to get me into the 10s with good weather. Car turns almost 123 mph in the 1/4 just with the Airaid and good weather. Chime in and let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sensei
    Members, I need 80 more horses. Tell me what I need without sacrificing driveability. I already have the Airaid CAI. 80 ponies to get me into the 10s with good weather. Car turns almost 123 mph in the 1/4 just with the Airaid and good weather. Chime in and let me know what you think. Thanks Ken
    I think a complete upper swap will be the overwhelming response for a quick 80-100 horse increase. Everything I've seen or read seems to jive that those numbers are realistic. Others are bound to chine in. That's amazing speed on just an Airraid installed.

Re: I need 80 more hps

Yeah, I was very surprised to see the mph. Weather was great, 52 for that pass. Complete upper? Would that be changing the upper pulley and ported snout?

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 1Sensei View Post
    Yeah, I was very surprised to see the mph. Weather was great, 52 for that pass. Complete upper? Would that be changing the upper pulley and ported snout?
    Just upper. Suggest an interchangeable upper (in case you change down the road), a solid isolator while you're there, 100mm pulley and a belt. Should be right around $325 + labor and tune.

Hey, thanks for the positive feedback. Best place/price wise to pick up the upper pulley. Should I get the snout and pulley together? Also, should I do both upper and lower, as I am thinking since I have to have it tune, may as well pay one time for them both?

jc09ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 cts Vsport
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sensei
    Hey, thanks for the positive feedback. Best place/price wise to pick up the upper pulley. Should I get the snout and pulley together? Also, should I do both upper and lower, as I am thinking since I have to have it tune, may as well pay one time for them both?
    If you do a lower too you will need new fuel injectors and a new heat exchanger and new spark plugs as well. A 2.5 upper and a CAI and a tune can max out stock fuel injectors easily.
    CVP33 likes this.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by jc09ctsv View Post
    If you do a lower too you will need new fuel injectors and a new heat exchanger and new spark plugs as well. A 2.5 upper and a CAI and a tune can max out stock fuel injectors easily.
    Yes....and actually a better answer.

Ok, thanks a bunch for your invaluable FB! Now I need to get started on this project before track reopens.

1800bigk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Here is what you need and the two tools to do it yourself. Its a straight forward pleasant job with these tools and nobody will be as cautious as you when working on your baby!

http://www.metcomotorsports.com/prod...rchargerPulley

http://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts...8900/overview/

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-...ess-33497.html

Here is a video that shows you how, it is perfect except at 3:57 he says "there are 3 bolts on top and 2 on the bottom" referring to the number of bolts holding the snout but there is actually 6 bolts holding the snout on. The 5 that he mentions and one more in the middle kind of off to the left a little. Other than that spot on and the car is a joy to work on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm4Jh_B2r6Y

I have a manual sedan just did this mod, got tuned and car made 595/556 and is a just nuts now.

Thanks 1800bigk, very helpful. I did not see where he used the tools.

1800bigk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

The video leaves some parts out but still covers the main things and shows the order, here are some other instructions I used too. Page 15 they show how to use the puller and how to orient the snout on the press to avoid pressing on the 3 prongs. I chose the metco pulley because it looks stock and you can change out pulleys without pressing and pulling things later on. Plus it does not require drilling and pinning.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/lp...Kit%20v1.7.pdf

Thanks again! Very helpful info BigK.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.