Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Recommendation for best Catch Can;Do we need two?

9K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  DCV 
#1 ·
Looking to pickup a catch can or two, if two is required. Let me know too the best place to purchase. Thanks for your recommendation.

#33 ·
Ok, here are some photos. I show the breather, which fits under the factory cover barely. I also show the can installed on the back of the supercharger, drivers side. I installed a stud instead of a bolt that holds the factory wiring harness in place and bolted it all together. Works great. The hose hook-up on the supercharger and intake is also shown. The lower intake connects to the center of the can, the upper supercharger attaches to the outside connection on the can. I didnt use the u-shaped hose, I clamped the hoses to the fittings directly. I plan on replacing all of the rubber hose with plastic like the factory uses. The hoses run down the valve cover near the injectors and then to the back of the engine to the can. Hope this helps you out.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive fuel system Car

Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Motor vehicle

Auto part Wheel Suspension Metal

Attachments

#37 ·
I show the breather, which fits under the factory cover barely.
Do yourself a favor and remove the breather. It's allowing unmetered air into the engine, which can cause erratic fuel trims. In worst case scenarios you can get 171 & 174 lean codes, as well as the 300 misfire code. It can also cause you to run lean in open-loop mode. Not a good thing. Just keep the lines from the valve covers to the intake tube intact - that's all the input airflow you need.

#38 ·
I thought about that breather too. I removed it today so I will wait and see what I collect. As far as the drain hose I routed it down the engine side and it exits by the oil filter, hugging the block.
On another note, this site is great and so are the members for sharing information to make us all successful on our own projects.

#43 ·
I just got mine today. Will attempt to install tomorrow. I'll have to call first as I'm not sure where the extra outlet on the can goes. The center connection is the input, one side goes back to the manifold, where does the other side go? I also got a breather cap, but it does not look like the one in the above picture. Where does the outlet on it go? To the other side of the can?

#45 ·
Best bet is to keep it simple. The nipple from the engine valley cover goes to the can input (center fitting). The nipple from the passenger side of the SC snout goes to one of the can outputs (either one). Plug the other can output. Lose the breather cap - that's additional complexity that you don't need. Leave the factory intake tube and valve cover fittings alone - they provide more than adequate airflow to purge the engine through the catch can.

#44 ·
Center of can to valley cover. One outer fitting on can with line checkvalve to blower vac barb right above valley cover barb. Second outlet on can with checkvalve inling to the intake air tube righ in front of the throttle body (drill and add barb that was included there). 1le replaces the oil fill cap, and the line from it runs to the inner radius of the coupler from the throttle body to the air intake tube. It should already have a small black plastic canister plugged into there, just "T" into that barb form the stock canister between the canister and the elbow, and your all set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.