Recommendation for best Catch Can;Do we need two? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Recommendation for best Catch Can;Do we need two? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by 1Sensei I should receive the Rx by this Tues. Good luck....
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sensei View Post
    I should receive the Rx by this Tues.
    Good luck.

1Sensei is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV COUPE

Re: Recommendation for best Catch Can;Do we need two?

No Rx can yet.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sensei View Post
    No Rx can yet.
    Good luck.

jc09ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 A6 Black raven Airraid CAI 2.5 metco upper pulley,100mm
    I've had my Moroso on for about 2 weeks now just emptied it yesterday it caught a lot of oil definitely works great just like the YouTube video I watched on it. I got mine from summit racing for 139 shipped took only 3 days to receive it super fast shipping. Would highly recommend.

krustyone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    LOL. What a joke that company is.
    really? i just ordered one.... I havent read anything bad about them. Did I miss something??? point me to the negative threads. please. thanks.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Spearfish is a supporter of an unscrupulous competitor here in FL and has no facts, just causing trouble.

Order the RX systems at: www.RevXtreme.com or call direct: 941-721-1826

The SMC is a great can, but anyone with the Mo**o just pull your plenum cover and see the amount of oil it lets pass right through. ALL cans catch oil, it is stopping the oil that is important. RX cans are in stock, only lead time is for paint as each is finished and assembled to the customers specifications, and anyone can test any can to see what works and what doesn't for less than a $10 investment.

Look at the internal workings of a can as well. NO can has the 4 separate chambers and 3 separate processes to separate and trap the oil mist/vapors from the crankcase gasses being evacuated, and no other can keeps the oil separated vapors separate from the incoming oil laden vapors through the can....or has the integrated flow controlling checkvalves to prevent and back-flow or reversion at WOT.

The RX can also has a minimum of 7" between oil droplets in suspension and the outlets vs 1-1/5" at most with almost any other:

Again, email: RXProducts@aol.com
    Web: www.RevXtreme.com
    Phone: 941-721-1826 for any questions or order status.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Fieldgoal00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Elite engineering has one that looks very similar to the RX can with check valves also.

The new E2 from Elite (as I posted above) is also an excellent can....the best release from Steve to date, and far superior to the Mo**o or any of the other billet units.

Recd. can today. Need photos of Rx can hookup to the V. Need to know where lines go to include the bottom drain hose. Thanks for any help with this you can give.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    Spearfish is a supporter of an unscrupulous competitor here in FL and has no facts, just causing trouble.
    Actually, the correct assessment is that Spearfish is a disgruntled customer of yours who had to dispute his transaction to get a refund after you failed to deliver a product or respond to emails or phone calls. I don't even know of another 'competitor here in FL'. That was a funny bit of fiction you invented though.

Anyone who would like to see facts, PM or email me and I'll send you my whole email string with Rx along with my Paypal claim and judgement in my favor.

I received the Rx over the weekend but cannot locate installation instructions. I checked their website but there is no instructions specific to the V. Can anyone provide instructions and or photos of your install. Thanks in advance for your help.

The V is easy. From the left front of the engine compartment you will see a U shaped convoluted tube that connects from the SC housing down to the valley cover vent. Remove it (plastic tab in the fitting that you push to the side and it releases the fitting. Simple run the lower barb from the valley cover to the center of the can, and the outer fitting from the can to the SC barb.

Mounting is usually back near the brake booster on the drivers side rear, or if room and you have a CAI near to it.

Unless you know what to look for, the V is not easy. If I had clear installation instructions with a diagram or photos, it would be easy. I don't want to screw up my motor guessing or assuming. Therefore, I need detailed instruction that should be provided with the product just like other companies provide. I installed the Airaid Intake at the drag strip b/c I had detailed instructions. When you say leftside, that's the rightside if you are in front the vehicle, facing it, correct? Photos would be most helpful.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Just ordered mine today. Got the dual check valve model and the breather cap too. I'm not driving much as its too cold or wet, so I can wait a few days to get it. Think I'll get the Airaid intake as well.

ridesguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade EXT & 07 ESV
    Just installed mine today. Directions above are spot on and easy to understand, thanks SC2150. I installed the breather also, now let's see what comes out of it over time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.