Stock vs. Airaid intake results at drag track
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Stock vs. Airaid intake results at drag track in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Finally got the opportunity to get to the Track today to run my v-coupe for the 1st time. Disclaimer-I do ...
    1Sensei is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV COUPE

Talking Stock vs. Airaid intake results at drag track

Finally got the opportunity to get to the Track today to run my v-coupe for the 1st time. Disclaimer-I do not work for Airaid nor do I have any business interest in that company. Of note, I need more seat time in the car although I have over 30 years experience at the strip. The ambient temps were 45-52 degrees. I did not look at the DA. My first pass stock was a 12.10 with a 1.91 60ft at 121.06 mph. Cool down for 40mins and 2nd pass stock was 12.03 @ 119.72 with a 1.81 60ft. Then I switch out the stock airbox for the Airaid CAI-oil type filter. This took about 30-40 mins. I started the car after installation just to check for any issues. Everything checked out. Did my same burn out and Man to my surprise! I picked up 2 and 1/2 tenths with this intake. I ran an 11.78 at 122.58 mph with a 1.83 60ft. Note, it was 7 degrees warmer(52 degrees) when I ran with the Airaid. This car is definately quicker/faster than my 09 Sedan. I had more seat time in my Sedan, which ran 11.88 stock and 11.68 with Airaid. Funny story, a guy was telling me a story about running a V Sedan a few years ago at a different track that blew his doors off. He was in a heavily modified SS Camaro. He then realized it was me. He remembered exactly what I ran and even recalled seeing me swap out the intakes and observing me run 11.68 back then. I had a great time today at the strip and I am very pleased with my V. I got up to 160 on my ride back home. This thing flies. Airaid is the SH$!
    the godfaja likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V-swagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham, 2002 DTS, 2011 CTS-V wagon
    Awesome. I have yet been able to run my V wagon. I installed the Airaid on it and I could feel the difference. Awesome product.

iVwishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Stock vs. Airaid intake results at drag track

Nice real world gains! Dropping almost 3 tenths seem worthy of purchasing. Sadly the closest 1/4 mile track in SoCal is 2hrs away in Bakersfield.

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

I've had a fair number of fast, nearly stock cars ('01 Vette, '08 LS3 Vette, my current '10 ZR1 and my current '12 CTS-V) and I track all the Vettes in advanced HPDE, so my butt meter is fairly accurate because I go WOT probably several times a day and hundreds of times a day at track days. Well, the airaid CAI DEFINITELY adds some thrust. I noticed an immediate difference in power, not to mention my car dynoed at 493rwhp with just the Airaid CAI and I have an AUTOMATIC '12 CTS-V. I have since added Corsa mufflers which probably added a few rwhp, but the sound is worth the price IMHO. However, the Airaid added the cool blower whine sound and very noticeable hp, I'd say somewhere in the range of 15-20rwhp. I'm sure some have dynoed with the difference probably around that.

Anyone who hasn't installed an Airaid CAI needs to do so. It's a few hour job, pretty easy (just make sure to tighten the bolts down TIGHT), and you will be very happy. No warranty issues either as stock tune is retained.

The stock intake is very restrictive (relatively speaking), so this makes a big difference.

Trevorlj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V Coupe

Nice times! I saw a big increase above 4400 RPM with an AirAid, Side Swipe, Fluidyne T-Rex HX, LPE Varimax Pump, and NorcalSS tank.
    Attached Images

KPE
    KPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2010 CTS Sportwagon, 2013 ATS 2.0T

KPE offers the same products at a great price by private labeling. Same product, different sticker, better price. Would be happy to offer a group buy if anyone is looking for intakes, or send us a message.

IPF Tuning - KPE Products
    888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

citori01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

I have the KPE on my car. Nice fit and finish, and would recommend it to anyone. Our car runs 10.90 with KPE, HX, snout pulley and icebox.
    CVP33 likes this.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by citori01 View Post
    I have the KPE on my car. Nice fit and finish, and would recommend it to anyone. Our car runs 10.90 with KPE, HX, snout pulley and icebox.
    What size is your top pulley?

Which tires? I'm thinking you have to be on something better than normal radials to ET like that.

1Sensei is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV COUPE

No, on the factory stock tires. I would love to see what this thing would run with icing the intake and on sticky tires. I'm thinking 11.30/40ish. It's turing almost 123mph just with an intake. I am very impressed with this car. My friends run 9s in their late model mustangs with blowers. But my car weights about 500lbs more and they are making more hp. Caddies are nice though.

I was talking about citori01 running 10.90 without listing stickies.

Your ETs are awesome though...definitely getting the most out of the car!

I think 2.55 but it has been since 2009 when we put it on so I might be wrong on the size a bit. I know on the dyno it makes 11.8 lbs of boost.

----------

nitto nt05r.

I think 2.55 but it has been since 2009 when we put it on so I might be wrong on the size a bit. I know on the dyno it makes 11.8 lbs of boost.
    Strong 1/4 mile for that pulley, but I believe you right at 2.55 = 12-ish pounds. I'm going 2.4 and shooting for 15-ish, but may be lower with other supporting mods.

We have MPH (127) for much lower et's. Our 60 foot times r around 1.58-1.59 on NT05R's. Is the problem with the et only being 10.90 which had like 1.69 short time. I have seen other types of cars run 10.50's at 127. I'm at a loss as to making the car get the et's down like these other cars, could it be the IRS where the other cars r running solid axels. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.

Agreed. I ran 10.70's with a procharged 300c SRT8 and trapped between 127.5 and 128.5mph.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.