Something is seriously wrong with my car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Something is seriously wrong with my car in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The other day I was sitting in line at Taco Bell. My V started beeping, and saying stabilitrac off, and ...
    Adic2Speed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Something is seriously wrong with my car

The other day I was sitting in line at Taco Bell. My V started beeping, and saying stabilitrac off, and service stabilitrac. The gauges were bouncing up and down, then the check engine light came on.

Codes P0700 and U0073

The car went into limp mode and would not shift gears. The engine still ran smooth.

I spoke with a friend who suggested it may be a bad ground somewhere. I looked around at what I could find, mad sure connections on the ECM were seated properly, checked to make sure the main ground line was tight. Everything looked of.

I cleared the code, and drove away. Everything seemed to be fine. I drove about 20 minutes. As I came to a stop sign the engine shut off. It started right back up, but with the check engine light on. This time with:

Code P0330

I was only a few blocks from the house so I drove home. To eliminate the knock sensor from the equation for $12.00 I replaced it.

In my driveway I started the car and let it run several minutes, stopped it, repeated, no check engine lights, but it said my tire pressure on my front left tire was 89psi.

I started to drive away, and made it about 4 blocks. Lights on my dash started flashing, stabilitrac started flashing, I put my hazards on and slowed down. My rear door locks started locking and unlocking.

Long story a little shorter, since then I have scanned the following codes:

U0073
    U0100
    U0073

Then

P0303
    P3007
    P00c0
    C33aa
    B2aaa
    B2aaa

Then

P0303
    P3007
    P00c0
    C33aa
    B2aaa
    B2aaa
    Rxe
    ror

I did pull the #3 plug, looked clean, no signs of detonation.

I attached pictures of the scanned trouble codes. I've looked around on various websites, a haynes manual repair manual, and ALL DATA, most of the codes don't even exsist. The ones that are real codes, one thing doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the next.

I'm guessing bad ECM?
    Any suggestions?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Re: **** HELP **** something is seriously wrong with my car

Check your battery connectors. Positive and negative.

I am having the very same issues with my 2000 Malibu as I type. Gauges bouncing, windows stop working then work, blower motor same thing, check engine light, service engine soon light, then all is fine when I drive it, only until I start it up the gremlins last for 20 seconds then all is well.

Waiting for the rain to stop to clean the ground connections.

bnagel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Maybe your car doesn't like Taco Bell and now its revolting. Sorry

Good luck.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

As mentioned here, and in another forum section, battery connections, and the battery itself should be checked thoroughly, on a 2009 with these symptoms.

bnagel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Any update?

BlownCaddy806 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011cts v

+1 for update please

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Quote Originally Posted by Club Malibu View Post
    I am having the very same issues with my 2000 Malibu as I type. Gauges bouncing, windows stop working then work, blower motor same thing, check engine light, service engine soon light, then all is fine when I drive it, only until I start it up the gremlins last for 20 seconds then all is well.
    I know this isn't a V2 problem, but it's something GM similar. I cleaned my battery and ground connections. No dice.

There are 3 fuses that go to the Body Control Module (BCM) in my Malibu. The BCM sends all data to the Instrument Cluster via serial link. I checked the fuses and they had white corrosion on the blades. I cleaned them with a wire brush. All is good now. I am not totally convinced this is the problem, I think the BCM is going bad in my car.

So I think the original poster has a bad module. The GM Tech II can run a diagnostic test on it.

I too am waiting for an update. Very curious.

dmax/04v is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): A VEEE

Re: Something is seriously wrong with my car

0700 Codes are trans codes, if you can't pull past the 07XX codes you're going to need a higher end scanner to pull the tranny codes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.