Intake options
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Intake options in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys pretty new to the forums here...have a 2011 V and wondering what you guys thought about air intakes. ...
    adamleisy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Intake options

Hey guys pretty new to the forums here...have a 2011 V and wondering what you guys thought about air intakes. looking at my options have heard a lot of talk about airaid, d3..

what is the word on the best options on the market now?

thanks!
    -Adam

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    I have the Airaid and love it. Fairly easy to install, good fit/finish, and increased SC whine.

Re: Intake options

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    I have the Airaid and love it. Fairly easy to install, good fit/finish, and increased SC whine.
    yeah thats what i heard...what kind of power did you get fom it?

Slamminv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Airaid all the way.

justinCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe (White Diamond)

I've been in search for an intake too. I don't want to buy an intake and end up making the wrong decision but according to all my research
    everyone is in love with their Airaids so that will be my first mod.

hireman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    I just put an afraid on my 2011 coupe last night. As someone said fairly easy to install. Really nice fit and finish. Can't really tell yet about performance gains but that sound....what sweet supercharged whine music that is!! Car does seem more responsive though

Shoevette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V coupe; 1969 Corvette 427

Quote Originally Posted by Slamminv View Post
    Airaid all the way.
    Agreed. Paired with a Corsa cat back exhaust you will be very happy and turn some heads.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by adamleisy View Post

yeah thats what i heard...what kind of power did you get fom it?
    I believe Airaid ad says gains of 20 HP. I'd agree with that based on SOTP feel.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwuW1ovkW4

Some nice gains - love mine!

nikejl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamleisy
    Hey guys pretty new to the forums here...have a 2011 V and wondering what you guys thought about air intakes. looking at my options have heard a lot of talk about airaid, d3.. what is the word on the best options on the market now? thanks! -Adam
    Just installed the Airaid, nice sound, I am assuming at least 20hp gain since that's the info out on the web. Increase in SC whine is nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Red CTS-V View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwuW1ovkW4

Some nice gains - love mine!
    well then looks like i know what im buying myself for Christmas!

tabio42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Injen makes a great intake. It is a cold air type and goes down into the fender/bumper area. Made 30whp on back to back comparison dynojet testing on my car.

Gary Wells is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Other than the testing done by user name "newcadman" the others are all manufacturers & sales claims.
    About 7-8 RWHP on Airaid & KPE.
    I love my KPE, which is identical to the Airaid.
    Lots of dyno tricks out there for the manufacturers if they choose to do so.

03-19-2009: 04:19 PM: (JTHennessey) True Cold Air Intakes – Instock!: “True Cold Air intakes – Instock”: Want to add a quick 15 hp? This is the solution. Completely replaces the factory intake system with our true cold air intake. Last week, Nick @ American Racing Headers was able to test this induction system and was able to show a gain of 18 rwhp!!! Awesome setup. Images attached to this post

05-21-2009: 09:06 AM: “New Era CTS-V Cold Air Intake”: Mike @ New Era tuned a 09 CTSV and tested our intake on it. It made 451 rwhp and 437 rwtq in -stock- form and it picked up 34 rwhp and 28 rwtq with the New Era 09 CTSV intake untuned. After Mike tuned it, it made 505 rwhp and 470 rwtq.

05-14-2010: 03:11 PM: KPE Cold Air Intake: Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory -engine- bay trim. The first CTS-V intake to feature injection molded plastic tube and large filter protected in sealed powdercoated aluminum box. Makes 24 RWHP on a -stock- motor and even more with other modifications.

06-06-2010: 06:32 PM: Airaid 250-253 - Best prices – Free Shipping!: Airaid Cold Air Intake System for the 2009-2010 Cadillac CTS-V 6.2L Supercharged -V8- includes a modular intake tube, air dam and highflow washable air filter. This System will give you 28 HP and 43 FT/LBS of Torque with out a Tune.

07-31-2010: 04:55 PM: KPE: Re: All KPE CAI owners………Instead of using our -car-, we grabbed a used 2010 CTS-V straight off the lot from our local Cadillac Dealer with 7980 miles which was bone stock. We then installed the KPE intake, and they ran the -car- again on the dyno..………….they took the average of the three runs which proved an 11 hp increase. They did have a run that showed +20 but the average at full temperature was +11.

07-31-2010: 06:53 PM: newcadman: Re: All KPE CAI owners: As indicated I took my 2009 V -auto- V (7000 miles) to the same (dynojet) dyno where it was previously tested when it was bone stock…………… Three pulls were made with the now installed KPE cai. End result, the -engine- made 8 MORE rwhp on its best pull than it did on its previous best bone stock pull.

1Sensei is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV COUPE

On my 09 Sedan, I picked up exactly 2 tenths at the track. I changed out the stock syst. to the Airaid at the track. Same cool down times and Airaid CAI surely gave me 2 tenths. Dynos are great but track testing is a very good indicator. b/c you are running 1320 feet. Hope this helps.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Lingenfelter uses Airaid......good enough for me. Doesn't add 20rwhp, but does sound cool. Used Roto-Fab on my ZL1. Frankly surprised they don't play with the V's.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.