picked up a '14 sedan!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, picked up a '14 sedan! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; whats up guys picked up a new '14 sedan this week. its been a long time coming trying to get ...
    oaktownraider is offline Cadillac Owners Member

picked up a '14 sedan!

whats up guys picked up a new '14 sedan this week. its been a long time coming trying to get one. ive never posted on this forum but ive been prowling from time to time reading up on things. i love the car so far it amazes me everytime i drive it. id say its the best car i have ever owned hands down. well of course someone like me who has always had fast cars ive got to add some hp to this thing! but, i dont want to get too crazy just yet id be perfectly happy with a low 11 pass. i know for sure i wanna do arh headers and x pipe to stock mufflers and the air raid intake with the non oiled filter. i do want to do a pulley but im not ready for a bunch of other things like injectors pump hx etc. what pulley is a good pulley just for a little more without the need of injectors and alot of tuning? also ive read a few things about the headers regarding the o2 sensors. i was hoping to be able to throw the exhaust on and intake without having to tune it right off the bat untill i get a pulley. will i have code trouble? also car is an auto trans. and also if anybody knows of a good shop or tuner that specializes in the cts-v in nor cal let me know thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Re: picked up a '14 sedan!

Pulley will always require tuning....regardless. Add in a headers, x pipe, and intake.....all without tune....and a good chance of your engine going BOOM.

I know a pulley needs tuning I said which one will need less tuning and less supporting mods like injectors pumps etc. I was asking if headers and intake require tuning without a pulley

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

I'm not sure what less tuning is, I assume you mean less aggressive. But a tune is a tune regardless for GM and any warranty claims I would assume.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by oaktownraider View Post
    I know a pulley needs tuning I said which one will need less tuning and less supporting mods like injectors pumps etc. I was asking if headers and intake require tuning without a pulley
    Welcome to the board! To answer your question directly:

A 2.5" upper pulley with intake and exhaust is the most you can go without other supporting mods. This will just about, but not quite, max out your stock injectors. I ran this combo at one point, on another V, for 30k miles, with no trouble whatsoever. It adds typically 70-80 whp.

If you think you will go Stage 2 at some point, then invest in new injectors and be done with it.

As far as your original post, you do not have to tune for an exhaust and intake, but if you do, it will maximize the small possible gains from those mods. I happen to run my V wagon now with an intake and exhaust, and have chosen not to tune it for now.

Have fun with your car, it is awesome fun, and since you have a 2014, it will be probably the least common year available.

Thanks bob that's all I wanted to know (for now) haha

Prdnme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Not to poo poo on Bobs post, but careful with a 2.5 pulley on these cars without injectors. Bob is pretty much right, but some of these cars in the right conditions will easily max the injectors with a 2.5, CAI and a tune. I know this, because I did. Unless you are logging your runs in the car, most will not know the difference. But the car will be pulling timing to try to adjust. Too much of a lean spike and.....boom! Mine jumped to 13.8 afr past 100% IDC at 5000rpm on a 50 degree day. So, with that being said, I highly suggest injectors with anything over a 2.85 pulley.

What about just a 9.5 lower

Moparman4444 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Call Jesse at Wait4me for the best setup. upper and lower pulley plus an opened exhaust and a tune alone should get you into the low 11"s w/o any problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.