Adjustable Billet Motor Mount w/Poly Urethane Dampener
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Adjustable Billet Motor Mount w/Poly Urethane Dampener in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

D3 Motor Mounts CTS-V

D3 Adjustable Billet Motor Mount

In the world of competitive motorsports we have learned that every possible configuration of the vehicle must be addressed to maximize performance.

The D3 Billet Motor Mounts are constructed of T6-6061 Billet Aluminum that can withstand over 1200 HP and 1100 FTLB of Torque. Our unique 2pc design also allow for adjustment of the height from OEM Height, OEM -.25” and OEM -.50”

The inner poly-urethane core of the D3 Billet Motor Mount is shielded from heat by design. Additionally the high durometer poly-urethane core works are a dampener thus alleviating any unnecessary vibrations or false “knock” codes.

T6-6061 Billet Aluminum Housing
    High Impact Poly-Urethane Core
    Adjustable Height
    Tested over 1000 HP and FTLB Torque

$419.75 | USD

These items are in stock and ready to ship. Please contact us to order. 562-595-8518 or email sales@d3cadillac.com.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

timg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 M6 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

Re: Adjustable Billet Motor Mount w/Poly Urethane Dampener

So would this allow you to run the ZL1 supercharger lid without modifying the hood?

What does it do to vibration inside the car? I have two cars with upgraded engine mounts. On one, there was no difference. On the other, the entire car wanted to shake itself to death...

Tim

Hello Tim,
    We have not tried the two combinations together as of yet. However we can provide up to .500" lower position on the engine. We have a ZL1 lid here we can measure and let you know if it can be used.

In terms of the vibration. Please note we have several different durometers and pre-loads we can run that will help reduce any type of engine vibration.

Let us know if you have any other questions. I will look into that measurement for the ZL1 lid.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    So would this allow you to run the ZL1 supercharger lid without modifying the hood?

What does it do to vibration inside the car? I have two cars with upgraded engine mounts. On one, there was no difference. On the other, the entire car wanted to shake itself to death...

Tim

EdwardETraylorIII is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V, Z06s, ZR1...

Hello All,

This is GREAT news! I have a need to lower the motor just a little bit (enough to fit a ZL1 Camaro hat). Is this what I need? Have you had any issues at all? Please let me know right away!!

EdwardETraylorIII is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V, Z06s, ZR1...

Can anyone tell me anything about these mounts? Hello?

SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

Nice product. It is good to have options.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

This advertisement needs to be redacted by D3. It's false

I'm running a magnacharger 2300 supercharger that D3 sold me and installed. Unless I change the hood, it absolutely requires that the motor be lowered or else the hood won't close (this is because the supercharger doesn't sit back like the stock unit--it's pushed forward, towards the front of the car). D3 initially installed (prototype?) motor mounts that were ~0.5" lower than stock.

These motor mounts failed, as the driver side mount came loose, which, according to the actual manufacturer (Energy Suspension), is a failing common to these mounts (D3 will represent that they have, "never heard of that happening before," but the manufacturer sings a very different tune--that D3 was telling them directly that they were coming loose, but whatever....interpret as you wish). This damaged the rubber inside the mount. I contact D3 and inform them of the situation.

After working through their incredibly inappropriate "warrany policy," (more on that later) they finally send me 2 new poly urethane motor mounts.

Unfortunately, the ones they sent me were not only UNADJUSTABLE, but also AT THE STOCK HEIGHT (so I can't close my hood). What makes this so funny is that we (the shop director (of the shop my car was at) and I) were told that they were adjustable and were actually sent "instructions" from D3. Turns out, the instructions were simply how to install the motor mounts...At the end of the day, they weren't adjustable. So, we contacted D3..& waited...& waited...(which is extremely common when dealing with these people)

What D3 didn't know what that the shop director contacted Energy Suspension directly, as he knew from previous experience that D3 couldn't/wouldn't answer technical questions about the motor mounts. What we both found interesting is that Energy Suspension stopped doing business with D3 (i.e. they won't make the motor mounts for D3 anymore). I'll let you read in between the lines as to WHY... (EDIT: This is simply what he was told--I cannot confirm or deny this information--interpret as you wish).

In any case, after weeks of waiting, I'm finally sent SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS. Not poly urethane mounts, but SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS. Note that before going away from my stock motor mounts, James (from D3) and I had about a 30-45 minute conversation about this as, let's not forget, this is a CADILLAC. Do you really want a SOLID MOTOR MOUNT in a Cadillac? Hell, just going to these motor mounts alone was causing me some angst...

As any reasonable person would ask, I inquire as to why I'm being sent solid motor mounts.

James tells me, and this is provable (I'm reading the email from him right now), "You were sent the motor mounts that will fix your current problem. This is the solution going forward at this time."

Unfortunately, now my headers are rubbing against the frame of the car, so now I have to deal with that situation.

Ask D3/James if they even give a crap...

If you guys/gals even knew ONE-HALF of this story, your jaws would break from hitting the ground so hard...

And, for the record, this isn't some negotiation where we meet in the middle. This ends with sh*t all over D3's face. They didn't just, "have a bad day." This has been going on for YEARS now (yes, apparently my patience knows NO BOUNDS), so don't even respond with some happy-go-lucky, "every shop has some bad days" bullsh*t...

I'm spending THOUSANDS of dollars trying to fix their screwups on my car, as they simply couldn't. I have a 2009 CTS-V that has ~20k miles on it. Why? Because I simply cannot drive the f-ing thing because D3 screwed up so many things with my car... This is simply ONE OF THEM...

RARE ESKY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

just like their springs. I had the d3 and ride suffered. they said that i needed the links and put those in and same thing. Put the eibach coupe springs in my sedan with STOCK links and eibachs rode better.

The eibachs ride better and handle better then d3s and when I called them to discuss they said eibachs arent as good and theirs is the best out there. I then read on the other ctsv forum same thing. people changed from d3 to eibachs and better ride and cornering.

Reading this thread I have fully given up on d3 especailly after they said that their supercharger package runs 9s in the 1/4 mile and i asked for 1/4 mile times and they said there are no times but they know it will run that.......

In regards to THIS post, we have taken the part off the website as we are no longer offering that product as it is currently produced. Our manufacturer did not produce what we needed despite what you allege and we will not carry that product anymore.

Since you have not returned our phone call I suspect that you are only interested in discussing your vehicle build publicly for only reasons you know...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post

This advertisement needs to be redacted by D3. It's false

----------

Obviously ride quality is completely subjective and certainly opinion based. But if you would like to discuss springs we can talk about that in the proper forum.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by RARE ESKY View Post
    just like their springs. I had the d3 and ride suffered. they said that i needed the links and put those in and same thing. Put the eibach coupe springs in my sedan with STOCK links and eibachs rode better.

The eibachs ride better and handle better then d3s and when I called them to discuss they said eibachs arent as good and theirs is the best out there. I then read on the other ctsv forum same thing. people changed from d3 to eibachs and better ride and cornering.

Reading this thread I have fully given up on d3 especailly after they said that their supercharger package runs 9s in the 1/4 mile and i asked for 1/4 mile times and they said there are no times but they know it will run that.......

RARE ESKY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

questio when I called uou guys said will run 9.50 easy on my ctsv with your big supercharger set up and I would need to bring my car to you to install you wont sell the kit. have you guys ran it at the track yet and what did the car run? Im curious now?

Luna and sorry about your mishap. Seems like they took the product off the market after you made this post. I wonder how many others bought the product?

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    In regards to THIS post, we have taken the part off the website as we are no longer offering that product as it is currently produced. Our manufacturer did not produce what we needed despite what you allege and we will not carry that product anymore.
    Good to hear that you took this off your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Since you have not returned our phone call I suspect that you are only interested in discussing your vehicle build publicly for only reasons you know...
    Oh, I think I've made my intention plain. I want to simply inform people of the truth when it comes to my car & D3's roll in it. You put me through royal hell and I simply cannot take it anymore. People need to know the truth.

This forum, however, just hasn't exploded with questions like the other forum did.

And thanks RARE. I'm still trying to get this car finished. I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, but, knowing this car, the rug will get pulled out from under me just before the finish line...

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Sorry to read the posts about your experience Luna. I hope you get it resolved favorably but I doubt it.

You have always seemed reasonable, intelligent, and patient. We all have our breaking points and you hav

e finally reached yours. Good luck and hope you can one day can enjoy the car, feeling it was all worth it!

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Luna, sorry to hear of your troubles. I have their comp springs, sway bars, and a driver's harness. While I am very happy with those products, I can agree their support sucks. I still have a harness kit I purchased from them a year ago. Still haven't responded to two emails I sent regarding installation. I just don't have the time in my life to waste on companies that don't care about their customers. Too bad too because I think they have some really good products IMO.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Well, this thread saved me a few bucks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.