Looking for an axle back exhaust for my V wagon
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Looking for an axle back exhaust for my V wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Any suggestions guys? I've read that the Corsa Sport exhaust sounds nice. Looking for something that can definitely be heard ...
    BBPlas97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V Wagon Opulent Blue

Looking for an axle back exhaust for my V wagon

Any suggestions guys? I've read that the Corsa Sport exhaust sounds nice. Looking for something that can definitely be heard lol

ForumRunner_20131010_112715.png

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M2V
    M2V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: Looking for an axle back exhaust for my V wagon

Yeah, the suggestion is to get Kooks headers and xpipe with high flow cats and keep the stock catback. Corsa sounds like crap.

I have the above setup as well as a friend. It's just a little louder than stock under normal/baby type driving but if you get on it medium to heavy throttle it sounds INSANELY good.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

But with headers don't you need tune? I don't want to lose my warranty just yet.

I dont want to void my warranty. So the axle back exhaust will probably be my best choice. What about electronic cut outs? I also heard that D3 is pairing with Corsa to bring out a race exhaust for the CTS V. Thoughts?

Shoevette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V coupe; 1969 Corvette 427

I love my Corsa Touring axle backs paired with a CAI. I was frustrated that with all the sound deadening Cadillac used, I couldn't hear anything inside the cabin. I guess it depends just how loud you want to go. People hear me coming from plenty far away.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

The loudest exhaust without changing the headers is probably the stainless works catback. You will be heard with this exhaust, sounds great. I have one on my GTO. That car now has a supercharger, headers, and a cam, with the cats gutted, so it is really almost too loud now. When I originally had the just the catback on it though, with the stock engine and no headers, it sounded perfect. I would recommend that - no tune is needed, and you are not changing anything with the cats, so you should not affect your warranty.

..Swift.. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 SRX

A muffler delete is also a very aggressive sound. Everyone loves the way my wagon sounds, go WOT and it will flat scare someone in another car if windows are down. haha

Swift do you have any videos of your wagon that you can show me? Muffler delete sounds interesting.

----------

Stainless works is actually my second option aside the corsa sports. I'll do some research on that. Plus they can black out the tips which is a plus!

Zipperator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

I put single chamber flowmasters on my 09 v and sounds great!

----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MRNfLil4SY

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

For axleback exhaust on the V wagon, Corsa is the only choice currently. It sounds great and I recommend it. I ran a Corsa exhaust on my V sedan and the sound was simply awesome.

I have the catback Stainless Works and have been happy with that.

The problem with wagon exhausts is that the exhaust cutouts on the rear bumper of the wagon are smaller, so exhaust tips have to be accordingly smaller than on the sedan or coupe.

Marylandspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 443-730-9428

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

GTHaus makes a catback that is shipping this month. Very pricey but has an adjustable solenoid. It's on my holiday wish list.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    GTHaus makes a catback that is shipping this month. Very pricey but has an adjustable solenoid. It's on my holiday wish list.
    you have a sound clip of the $2500 catback?

I mean, you could get long tube headers with cats, and a full stainless works catback for less than that. They do look hella cool though.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto View Post
    you have a sound clip of the $2500 catback?

I mean, you could get long tube headers with cats, and a full stainless works catback for less than that. They do look hella cool though.
    I'm waiting to hear it before committing. But the most important factor in an exhaust for my V is being able to maintain a quiet comfortable cabin when I want. So the adjustable exhaust is ideal and worth the premium for me. The other option is QTP cutouts but I'm not excited about them exiting under the car.

I'd also rather spend $2500 on a high quality axle back with adjustable volume than buy any cheap SW product and earn myself a boatload of headaches.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.