Varex Exhausts?? Comments please.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Varex Exhausts?? Comments please. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Chaps, I have been considering the Meisterschaft axle-back exhaust being discussed on another thread and the local dealer for Meisterschaft ...
    Emile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v

Varex Exhausts?? Comments please.

Chaps,

I have been considering the Meisterschaft axle-back exhaust being discussed on another thread and the local dealer for Meisterschaft has instead suggested a Varex valved system.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Any comments are welcome.

E

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Varex Exhausts?? Comments please.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.xforce.com.au/about-varex...ts-muffler.php

They are not specifically designed for the V, so i was hoping hat someone on here would be able to offer some thoughts on likely power loss (which I want to avoid).

Wicked93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts v

I would not use this muffler personally. The variable mufflers vs a standard muffler like a corsa or magnaflow are more restrictive when closed and flow just about as well as a corsa s type muffler when opened. I hate the exhaust that came on my grand sport which is basically the same as the one you are looking at. Also I did not see any publication on what the muffler is made of. Is it ss 309,409, aluminized ? I would just do the corsa or magnaflow cat back and be done with it. The sound on both systems is great both produce good numbers and both use quality materials.

Thanks Wicked93. That's really helpful!

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

On one of my old cars I tried the Walker VT mufflers with the variable valve and they worked great for sound control. I don't know anything about these mufflers but the technology does work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.