Brake upgrade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Brake upgrade in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Can anyone suggest a good disc-pad upgrade kit? cross drilled, slotted for 2010...
    howardhull is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Brake upgrade

Can anyone suggest a good disc-pad upgrade kit? cross drilled, slotted for 2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: Brake upgrade

I'm not sure what you mean, but the stock brakes are superb at any speed! Until they wear out, there's nothing out there to upgrade to.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    Until they wear out, there's nothing out there to upgrade to.
    Well if he has an extra $14,995 burning a hole in his pocket there is always this from D3...

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V

Rotora has a carbon ceramic option for about $20K.

howardhull is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

My disc are wrapped, need to change and I would like to get away from the brake dust. I surely do not want to spend the money I see listed here, just go and buy a new one instead. Guess I will just replace with stock! Thanks for the input!

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Sure they are warped? I bet its just uneven pad deposit on the rotors. Go out and given them a good bedding routine to clean them off. I love Alcons, I put their cast monoblock 6 piston big brake kit on my B6 S4 Audi. I also used their rear kit too with Carbotech pads. Of all my mods, that was the best one. But the Brembos on the V are just as good.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I doubt highly they're warped. Pad deposits are a common thing. Some good bedding is in order...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

seith08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Cuope

My brakes have been shaking a lot. I took the car to a shop near my house and they measured them and said they were good, but when we went on a drive he verified that there was indeed shaking. The guy also seemed to think that you cant turn these rotors and suggested I replace them?( any truth to this?) Should I replace with factory rotors? I saw on D3 that they have a brembo upgrade?

Thanks guys

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I'd try new pads first then. If it is the rotors, you can get Centric ones shipped top your door for under $250, and they are good too! I've used them two years at tracks, and no warping or wear yet. Also, ceramic pads create little dust, and stop just great for street driving.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Try a few very high speed stops back to back. I'm talking like 80-20mph with really firm pedal pressure. It will likely heat up the rotors and clean any uneven deposits off the rotors. Rebed the brakes after. That procedure has cured a pulsing pedal on numerous vehicles.

seith08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Cuope

Yeah I know the pads are ok. Ill try some 80-20 stops in a little and see how that works before buying anything.
    If it is the rotors should I stick with stock or go a different route. I drive this car like it should be driven, I defiantly don't baby it

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Don't come to a complete stop and hold the brakes on during this re-bedding procedure.......And brake hard enough to almost get the ABS to engage....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.