Aftermarket Mods
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Design
  • 3 Post By Gary Wells
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Aftermarket Mods in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Quick question. 2011 V sedan21k miles with corsa exhaust. Looking into getting x pipe and cold air induction. I was ...
    RoadRoastin@556 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011CTSVSedan

Aftermarket Mods

Quick question. 2011 V sedan21k miles with corsa exhaust. Looking into getting x pipe and cold air induction. I was told by the service manager at GMC that "bolt-ons" such as exhaust and x pipe will not void warrantee. Is that true? Also I want to chip
    my V but am worried that when I take the car in for service, even after returning it back to factory settings, that Cadillac can
    see I have tampered with the cpu.. Any thoughts? Also, is Diablo the way to go for chips? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: Aftermarket Mods

Certainly not speaking for the dealers, but each dealership typically has their own stance on modifications. We build some cars for dealers that are pretty wild, and some dealers just put spoilers and accessories on them. Each one is different. If your service manager is willing to put that in writing, then it sounds like you have a player.

ECU Tuning - If the service department knows what they are looking for, they should be able to find it...

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    Gary Wells likes this.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Trying to maintain the factory warranty while being a gearhead is difficult at best.
    Impossible at worst. Give in to sin & desirability. Mod that mother to your heart's
    content. We can only get on & off this merry-go-around 1 time. We are not coming
    back for another ride, & you can't take it with you.
    I finally gave in to modding at about 31K miles. Now, I don't know why I didn't do
    it from day 1. I wasted all those miles & time because I did not have the courage
    to mod it. Where there's a will there's always a way.

Bcfd113 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    Trying to maintain the factory warranty while being a gearhead is difficult at best.
    Impossible at worst. Give in to sin & desirability. Mod that mother to your heart's
    content. We can only get on & off this merry-go-around 1 time. We are not coming
    back for another ride, & you can't take it with you.
    I finally gave in to modding at about 31K miles. Now, I don't know why I didn't do
    it from day 1. I wasted all those miles & time because I did not have the courage
    to mod it. Where there's a will there's always a way.
    Well stated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.