Awaiting delivery of my 13 CTS V with HPE 600 Package.. Whats next step with mods?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Awaiting delivery of my 13 CTS V with HPE 600 Package.. Whats next step with mods? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Waiting for my V to be delivered should recieve it within the next 2 weeks maybe sooner. It currently has ...
    Ny13V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Awaiting delivery of my 13 CTS V with HPE 600 Package.. Whats next step with mods?

Waiting for my V to be delivered should recieve it within the next 2 weeks maybe sooner.

It currently has a HPE 600 Package But Coming from racing for many years and owning anywhere from 400whp cars to 1300whp cars i just dont think this package is enough for me.

This is my DD just looking to add a little more pep to it.. Not looking to do a full build.

Could use everyones ideas on whats next to purchase.

Thanks
    Brandon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Re: Awaiting delivery of my 13 CTS V with HPE 600 Package.. Whats next step with mods

How many miles?
    Auto (A6) or manual (M6)?
    That's 600 at the crank, correct?

Re: Awaiting delivery of my 13 CTS V with HPE 600 Package.. Whats next step with mods

2300 miles on car. A6 and yes 600 crank

09CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Boy sounds all too familiar lol. Id say bolt on a bigger pulley and throw on some injectors and HX if it doesnt have it and that ought to give you another 50-75 rwhp atleast

when you say bigger pulley which do you mean? lower or upper because according to hennesy it says comes with pulley im guessing thats a upper.?

----------

i think id be happy with 575-600whp for my dd.

Darnell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2003 CTS

Cam/Lower Pulley.
    rayjoedef likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ny13V View Post
    when you say bigger pulley which do you mean? lower or upper because according to hennesy it says comes with pulley im guessing thats a upper.?

----------

i think id be happy with 575-600whp for my dd.

Probably lower, as that is what the V700 comes with.
    I have a HPE V700 and not totally happy with it.
    Extremely low RWHP & RWTQ for what it has in it.
    About 545 RWHP & 538 RWTQ as delivered with
    their canned tune, and not enough for me.
    I would suggest verifying what RWHP & RWTQ you
    actually have before planning on doing anything.
    I am going to go with D3 in Signal Hill, CA.
    HPE showed me a Dynojet SAE dyno sheet
    reflecting 608 RWTQ, but evidently this was at
    6950 RPM & before their canned tune was installed.

Yea they told me it should make around 500 to the wheels
    I was thinking doing heat exchanger lower pulley injectors and a retune and see where that gets me for now

----------

I'd like to do a cam and headers I'm just over tearing motors
    Apart and don't want it to loud this is my dd. plus it's a lease

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Your initial impressions are very consistent with what I wanted. Lets face it, 554hp in a 4300lb car is ok but not awe inspiring. you really need 600 plus at the wheels to make it feel special.

I would suggest, upper and lower pulley combo of 2.55 and 9.0, thermostat, cold air intake, definitely port the intake supercharger snout, a moderate cam and reflow your injectors plus a tune. Total package should be under $5000. Most people would easily pay an additional 5K for a car coming from the factory with an additional 150 plus real wheel power. These improvements are no brainers.

What will reflowing injectors do?
    What will porting the supercharger intake port do?

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    Your initial impressions are very consistent with what I wanted. Lets face it, 554hp in a 4300lb car is ok but not awe inspiring. you really need 600 plus at the wheels to make it feel special.

I would suggest, upper and lower pulley combo of 2.55 and 9.0, thermostat, cold air intake, definitely port the intake supercharger snout, a moderate cam and reflow your injectors plus a tune. Total package should be under $5000. Most people would easily pay an additional 5K for a car coming from the factory with an additional 150 plus real wheel power. These improvements are no brainers.
    Yea im pretty sure im going to do this but instead of reflowing i would just get a set of injectors and no cam. See where that gets me

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

my research has shown that the factory injectors can be sent off to be reflowed to 85lbs per hour for @$175. No need to replace the originals. If I remember youtube even has a video from Wait4me on the subject. My injectors were sent off for recalibration and they work fine for 640 at the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    my research has shown that the factory injectors can be sent off to be reflowed to 85lbs per hour for @$175. No need to replace the originals. If I remember youtube even has a video from Wait4me on the subject. My injectors were sent off for recalibration and they work fine for 640 at the wheels.
    Who did you send them to if you don't mind me asking? I just hate down time haha

buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Id850's, cam and headers. Mine is a lease I will just buy it at the end.

630 rwhp on mine with above plus upper and lower pullies and air raid

Quote Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
    Id850's, cam and headers. Mine is a lease I will just buy it at the end.

630 rwhp on mine with above plus upper and lower pullies and air raid
    What type of Dyno & what CF was used please?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.