Awaiting delivery of my 13 CTS V with HPE 600 Package.. Whats next step with mods? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Awaiting delivery of my 13 CTS V with HPE 600 Package.. Whats next step with mods? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; E-85 if you have it available. I just had a flex fuel module put on yesterday and re-tune and gained ...
    SPEED74V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: Awaiting delivery of my 13 CTS V with HPE 600 Package.. Whats next step with mods

E-85 if you have it available. I just had a flex fuel module put on yesterday and re-tune and gained 75hp to the wheels. There is a little difference in the dynos used. I originally had the work done and tuned at LPE with 2.55 upper, 8.7 lower, headers (no cats), ID850's, ported snout and it dynoed at 587hp. I just had it dynoed yesterday at the local shop on premium and it was 550hp and then with E-85 was 625hp. The good thing is that I can put E-85 or premium in and never have to load another tune or worry about what gas I put in. Plus the advantages of E-85 on the road track!

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Re: Awaiting delivery of my 13 CTS V with HPE 600 Package.. Whats next step with mods

What types of dynos?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    What types of dynos?
    The first dyno was the DynoJet at LPE in IN. The 2nd was a Dynojet at Excessive Auto in Sioux Falls, SD.

Iownarott is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red

SPEED74V, how much was the E-85 conversion? I'm not to far away from that shop in Sioux Falls. I've heard they do very good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Iownarott View Post
    SPEED74V, how much was the E-85 conversion? I'm not to far away from that shop in Sioux Falls. I've heard they do very good work!
    It was about $350 for the sensor and $550 for the tuning. I had them change my plugs also, so it ended up at about $1000. I already had the ID850 Injectors installed, so I was good to go. I am very impressed with the work and the tuning was spot on. I have been running E-85 for a couple weeks now and even had to mix in some 91 when I went to Omaha the other day. It ran perfect. Not to mention E-85 is around $2.47 - $2.69 per gallon. If you have any other questions, just let me know. If you give them a call - just let em know that you talked to Nate.

Iownarott is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red

Thanks for the info Nate.
    SPEED74V likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.