Question for guys with 600+ at the wheels...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Question for guys with 600+ at the wheels... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; What kind of tire or tire/rim setup do use for better traction on the street?...
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe

Question for guys with 600+ at the wheels...

What kind of tire or tire/rim setup do use for better traction on the street?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Re: Question for guys with 600+ at the wheels...

MT 305/35-19 No: 3723 is the only way if you want some traction.

matt116 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Blackdiamond coupe
    I'm running 20x12 in the rear with Nitto invo's. Hooks very well on 345 25 20's.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by matt116 View Post
    I'm running 20x12 in the rear with Nitto invo's. Hooks very well on 345 25 20's.
    This will only work with a coupe.

cruiser68 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

In running stock sized Pilot Super Sports on my sedan. Better traction than my PS2's but I still roast the tires occasionally. I run Toyo R888 on the track and I rarely get rear wheel spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedboss1 View Post
    MT 305/35-19 No: 3723 is the only way if you want some traction.
    Already tried those. Thinking of trying the new Nittos NT05R. They are an inch wider

----------

Quote Originally Posted by matt116 View Post

----------

This will only work with a coupe.
    I have a coupe. Just can't decide on Nittos or a rim and street tire set up.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I have heard nothing but good comments about the Toyo and Nitto's for the street. Mickey Thompson would get you the most traction if you live in a warm climate and don't care about longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    I have heard nothing but good comments about the Toyo and Nitto's for the street. Mickey Thompson would get you the most traction if you live in a warm climate and don't care about longevity.
    Have you seen these. I beleive they have only been offered for a few months now.

http://mobile.nittotire.com/tires/nt05r/overview

I haved owned an Aud S4, AMG 63, and now the V. I think that Caddy is up to par in every category especially power. The only Complaint about the V is that it doesn't have heads up display and the black piano plastic on the counsel. Those small issues are dwarfed by the thrill of driving 800hp around town. No complaints here.
    Hey Mopar!
    Sorry to borrow the thread for a second but since these guys are all just bashing the V on a V forum it should be ok.

I may have asked you this before on another thread but with that 800 hp.... what tire setup are you using on the rear? I have a little over 700 and I would like it to stick better. Any pointers? I've tried several brands and sizes. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on some 12" wide rims for the rear just to get some 345s on. I have a coupe so I know that it will fit and look great. What do you have?

Caveman
    I don't know if Im the best one to ask because I'm running Hankooks 275x40x 19 in the rear. They are stickier than the PS2 IMHO, ride much softer for the street and bite pretty hard but not the best setup. After my research, I probably would go with 305x30x19 Nitto's in the rear if I wanted traction or a R compound Mickey Thopmson tire if I sere street racing. The ting is drag racing from a dead stop represents less tan 2% of my driving if that. For me, a sticky all around tire is what I need for pot hole riden Midwest streets. The taller 40 series sidewalls cut down on the cornering alittle but make the rough roads and expansion joints much more tolerable.

I guess it all depends on your priorities.

I will say I like the Hankooks for traction. They hook up nicely for the street and go through rain well. Maybe its because of the taller sidewall.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Stock to stock, I will strongly disagree. PS2 over Hankook on acceleration and handling all day long...

Bigjimsho, whe have had different opinions about the PS2 before. I have had two different cars with the PS2's and still feel from my but dyno and from wheel spin that the Hankook are better especially for the price. But that's my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Bigjimsho, whe have had different opinions about the PS2 before. I have had two different cars with the PS2's and still feel from my but dyno and from wheel spin that the Hankook are better especially for the price. But that's my 2 cents worth of opinion.
    I'm still on the factory PS2's so I can't offer an opinion, but I will ad that the RE-11's are VERY popular on the Other Site and many people agree with your perspective. They're so highly regarded, that I plan on trying them out over the PS2's when it's time to change tires.

SPEED74V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I have 600 to the rear and run the RE-11's. I love these tires and just ordered a new set for the rears.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEED74V View Post
    I have 600 to the rear and run the RE-11's. I love these tires and just ordered a new set for the rears.
    Do they have a 305 35 19?

SPEED74V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    Do they have a 305 35 19?
    I did 305 30 19 for the rear - they dont have a 35.
    265 35 19 up front

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.