Finally decided to buy the Corsa Sport exhaust...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Finally decided to buy the Corsa Sport exhaust... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; After spending a long time researching, reading posts, watching videos, and learning as much about exhaust options and opinions for ...
    hooey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Finally decided to buy the Corsa Sport exhaust...

After spending a long time researching, reading posts, watching videos, and learning as much about exhaust options and opinions for the V as possible, I made the decision last week to order the Corsa Sport.

While I loved the sound of the stock exhaust, I think most of that was due to the fact that I had never owned a V8 before and thus it was louder than anything else I was used to. Regardless, I felt it wasn't near loud enough for a car with this much power. I began to only love the way it sounded when I started it up in an enclosed space or went WOT under a bridge or overpass.

After finishing my research, I was somewhat nervous about making the plunge. I had read that the sound difference would be barely noticeable at idle or that you would pretty much need to be WOT to really appreciate the Corsa Exhaust.

Despite these concerns, I went ahead with the purchase. I'm happy to report that I could not be more pleased. I've noticed a decent improvement at idle, awesome improvements at start-up and normal driving, and incredible improvements during spirited/WOT driving. I'm addicted to the sound generated when I speed up to pass cars. The new, aggressive roar that the exhaust provides is intoxicating. I'm back to driving the car and burning fuel for no reason at all again.

I paid $1,200 for the exhaust and shipping, and another $175 to my local Cadillac dealership to install it. Again, I couldn't be more pleased, and would highly recommend it to anyone who is on the fence like I was.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Colds is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Sedan MT

Re: Finally decided to buy the Corsa Sport exhaust...

Agreed, hooey. I've got the Corsa Sport on my V Sedan and it has a satisfying roar when you want it, but not too much at cruising. I take a lot of clients out and I was worried that it would be too loud but it is perfect.
    hooey likes this.

musclecar6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650

I agree. Had mine on for about 4 months now. It should have come with the car or at least as an option. Just the right sound, subdued at light throttle when cruising around( just like stock only better) and a nice pleasant roar that comes on as you put pedal to the metal.
    hooey likes this.

09SRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

I bought the touring for my 2011 Sedan and love it. Corsa makes one of the best systems, it was tough deciding to go with the sport or touring, either one I would have been happier. I had the Corsa Mopar catback on my 2009 Dodge SRT 8 Challenger and loved the sound and quality. On the Mopar one I paid extra for the laser etched Mopar logo on the exhaust tips, it would be nice if Corsa offered the V flag for the tips for the Cadillac. I wrote Corsa and they said they don't offer that just the Dodge set up. Enjoy the exhaust it gets better with age !!!!!!
    hooey likes this.

brent38 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    I went with the Touring version, I wish I had the Sport version!

hooey likes this.

Emile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v

Can I just ask a question, does it now sound like a a muscle car? by that I mean, like a GT500 or something, or does it still sound like the V? I dont want to change the tone really, unless it was to make it more "german" sounding.

brent38 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    Can I just ask a question, does it now sound like a a muscle car? by that I mean, like a GT500 or something, or does it still sound like the V? I dont want to change the tone really, unless it was to make it more "german" sounding.
    The Touring exhaust sounds slightly different at idle, fairly quite cruising and fairly aggressive at WOT. I believe the Sport Exhuast is a few decibels better.
    hooey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brent38 View Post
    The Touring exhaust sounds slightly different at idle, fairly quite cruising and fairly aggressive at WOT. I believe the Sport Exhuast is a few decibels better.
    Thanks Brent38, but i'm thinking more in terms of tone not volume. I don't want my V to sound like a muscle car!

From my observations I would liken the sound generated by the Corsa Sport as being more similar to a BMW M5 or perhaps even a Ferrari than, for example, a Mustang or SRT8. This is of course just my opinion from having owned and thoroughly enjoyed the exhaust for a few days now. At start-up, my V doesn't has neither the deepness nor bubbly sound of my Dad's Denali. At WOT, a 5.0 is still louder, deeper, and has more of the classic growl associated with American muscle.

I actually prefer the American muscle sound but it sounds like your preference is the reverse. Nevertheless, I remain beyond satisfied with the Corsa purchase and would highly recommend it. All I would ask is that you don't go strictly based off my opinion as I would hate to misinform or steer you in the wrong direction.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

anyone know how it is with the Wagon. I know Wagons are more susceptible to drone.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    anyone know how it is with the Wagon. I know Wagons are more susceptible to drone.
    Corsas do not drone. It's the centerpiece of their entire design. I love mine, and they've been a generous sponsor of my racing efforts. I run a custom, full 3 inch Corsa on my caddy and it draws a crowd at the track. I also run a Corsa on my 2012 Harley F-150 Supercrew and couldn't be more satisfied. I'm not shy about reposting my satisfaction with Corsa because it is such a standout compared to other exhaust I've had in the past on both my V and other cars.
    hooey likes this.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    Corsas do not drone. It's the centerpiece of their entire design. I love mine, and they've been a generous sponsor of my racing efforts. I run a custom, full 3 inch Corsa on my caddy and it draws a crowd at the track. I also run a Corsa on my 2012 Harley F-150 Supercrew and couldn't be more satisfied. I'm not shy about reposting my satisfaction with Corsa because it is such a standout compared to other exhaust I've had in the past on both my V and other cars.
    Not you alone. Corsas have by far been the most recommended when it comes to sound. I just have to deal with this other mess I have before I can consider it since I lost a decent amount of money via install changes.

Quote Originally Posted by hooey View Post
    From my observations I would liken the sound generated by the Corsa Sport as being more similar to a BMW M5 or perhaps even a Ferrari than, for example, a Mustang or SRT8. This is of course just my opinion from having owned and thoroughly enjoyed the exhaust for a few days now. At start-up, my V doesn't has neither the deepness nor bubbly sound of my Dad's Denali. At WOT, a 5.0 is still louder, deeper, and has more of the classic growl associated with American muscle.

I actually prefer the American muscle sound but it sounds like your preference is the reverse. Nevertheless, I remain beyond satisfied with the Corsa purchase and would highly recommend it. All I would ask is that you don't go strictly based off my opinion as I would hate to misinform or steer you in the wrong direction.
    Thanks!! This is exactly my question! Perfect! Yeah, I do love the classic muscle car sound (i grew up watching Dukes of Hazard and SMokey and the Bandit back in the UK), but not for this car.

Looks like I will be treating myself later in the year.....

Thanks guys!

E
    hooey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Thanks!! This is exactly my question! Perfect! Yeah, I do love the classic muscle car sound (i grew up watching Dukes of Hazard and SMokey and the Bandit back in the UK), but not for this car.

Looks like I will be treating myself later in the year.....

Thanks guys!

E
    No problem. Best of luck

Q8 6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS/V

What??? There is No way ur car will sound like an M5 with corsa its the farthest from that .. I agree it will sound like a old Ferrari maybe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.