Not happy with my Corsa 14948 axle back wagon exhaust.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By montgb
  • 1 Post By RobbE
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Not happy with my Corsa 14948 axle back wagon exhaust. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just dropped 1200. on a Corsa exhaust, axle back, very slightly louder the "stock mufflers" at idle, not worth the ...
    Knot-2-Smart is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon

Not happy with my Corsa 14948 axle back wagon exhaust.

Just dropped 1200. on a Corsa exhaust, axle back, very slightly louder the "stock mufflers" at idle, not worth the money as of yet. Better have a performance gain. I've seen a lot of guys are very happy with these, me, not so much! Anyone else not happy with these mufflers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodneye is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe

Re: Not happy with my Corsa 14948 axle back wagon exhaust.

Which ones did you get, the touring or the sport? I have the sport and love them on my coupe. I have heard the touring are slightly louder than stock.

I have a wagon, they only offered one type.

rodneye is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe

Just reread your post. At idle they will not be much louder than the stock muffler. You will notice the difference when you get on it. Trust me roll down your windows and get on it. You will notice a huge difference.....

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Sounds like you want a cam.

Quote Originally Posted by rodneye View Post
    Just reread your post. At idle they will not be much louder than the stock muffler. You will notice the difference when you get on it. Trust me roll down your windows and get on it. You will notice a huge difference.....
    I understand what your saying, I don't see a difference in these Corsa's to my OEM mufflers. I would like to know if GM makes their own mufflers of sub this out? This seemed to be a waste of $1200. bucks to me. PS: They do fit well, look good, nice quality of workmanship, just not the sound I was looking for.. Does anybody here know if the sedan and wagon have the same hanger angles and locations? I'm thinking the only difference is the 3.5" tail pipe to the sedan's 4."

montgb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I hope you didn't buy the Corsa for performance - there's not much to be gained with an axle-back exhaust!

FWIW, I have the Corsa Sport exhaust. There seems to be a "break-in period" with this exhaust - give it some more time on your car before you make your final decision. The Corsa exhaust comes alive at 3K RPM and higher, so open it up on the road a bit more.

The CTS-V has so much sound-deadening material that you're not going to hear the true sound of the exhaust unless your windows are down and you're driving through a tunnel.
    Rule12b likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by montgb View Post
    I hope you didn't buy the Corsa for performance - there's not much to be gained with an axle-back exhaust!

FWIW, I have the Corsa Sport exhaust. There seems to be a "break-in period" with this exhaust - give it some more time on your car before you make your final decision. The Corsa exhaust comes alive at 3K RPM and higher, so open it up on the road a bit more.

The CTS-V has so much sound-deadening material that you're not going to hear the true sound of the exhaust unless your windows are down and you're driving through a tunnel.
    YEP, I'll give it a week. It may have some some fabric in side that needs to cycle a few times? At my shop we do a lot of engine modifications, 90% is for drag racing, and if any of the cars have exhaust, most are already on the car. The most commend piece here would be a Borla collector muffler (most commend on dragsters) and I tried to get a set, but Borla doesn't make a muffler for a wagon. Should of bought a set for a sedan and welded a 3.5 exhaust tip on it. At lest I know what those sound like. Thanks for the break in tip Montgb, won't hurt to give it time.....

----------

Part number 14948 / Exhaust for a wagon only comes in "SPORT" mufflers

RobbE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I own a 2013 V wagon as well. I blacked the chrome on the car, and bought the same mufflers as you did with black tips. Love it. As for the sound I hear what your saying.... I felt the same way at first. I have borlas on my FX 50 and Vett. Now those are loud.

Here is what I will tell you..... Let a buddy drive your car. You stand on the side of the road. Then tell me what you think..... They sound sick at wide open, when you are not in the car..... The caddy is a very well insulated car. very little noise in the car. even with the windows open it doesnt do it justice......

Try this, and let me know what you think....

they are not borlas, thats for sure..... But on a Caddy..... Im not sure you want borla.

I am happy with mine, and suit the car very well.... I will post a pic when I have a chance....

Cheers !
    Knot-2-Smart likes this.

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

Yep, besides a cold start, the idle won't be dramatically louder than stock. But roll the windows down (or as RobbE said, have a buddy do a WOT past you while you stand along the road) and go WOT and you'll notice a difference. I also noticed a difference in acceleration, not dramatic, but I was surprised I noticed it at all. Maybe part of it is the sound, but even with 100F+ heat here in DFW, it just hauls a** with my new Corsa sport exhaust and my Airaid CAI. I have a ZR1 too that I run track days with, so I'm familiar with fast stock cars.

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Where are you at in SE Mich? If your close to me we can meet up and you can listen to mine on acceleration. I have the Corsa touring on my sedan.

dennych is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

I thought the primary reason was to remove drone and go more pop pop?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.