Headers vs. Corsa Sport Exhaust...Convince me which to buy!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cruiser68
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Headers vs. Corsa Sport Exhaust...Convince me which to buy! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey all, This thread is as simple as it sounds. I've decided to add either AHR/Kooks headers OR a Corsa ...
    hooey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Headers vs. Corsa Sport Exhaust...Convince me which to buy!

Hey all,

This thread is as simple as it sounds. I've decided to add either AHR/Kooks headers OR a Corsa Sport Exhaust to my V. I've chosen not to do both based off of numerous opinions from other V owners regarding noise levels. I've spent hours upon hours reading your opinions and posts here but still can't quite come to a decision as to which one I'm going to pull the trigger on.

Thus, since I'm sure there are several of you out there who have contemplated a very similar situation before, I'm asking you to please convince me as to which one of these mods I should select, and WHY.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bnagel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Headers vs. Corsa Sport Exhaust...Convince me which to buy!

When it comes time for me to purchase something for the V, I am going with headers. I have removed the cats and enjoy the sound. I have heard various cars with axle back vs headers and I like the headers. Good luck with decision. Headers will allow your car to breath better. (That is what I keep telling myself and wife)
    Ben

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

If you are going for purely sound, the corsa is a cheaper option. If you want sound and a boost in HP, headers are the way to go. If you want to keep your warranty and not tune, corsa. If you plan on other performance mods, headers. IMO the sound of headers into stock exhaust is perfect for this car.
    bnagel likes this.

Havasusteve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 12 TG Sedan; SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser68 View Post
    If you are going for purely sound, the corsa is a cheaper option. If you want sound and a boost in HP, headers are the way to go. If you want to keep your warranty and not tune, corsa. If you plan on other performance mods, headers. IMO the sound of headers into stock exhaust is perfect for this car.
    +1 on this. Only way to go IMHO

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

I got the Corsa sport and with the Airaid CAI, it's awesome. Noticeable improvement in sound and acceleration. Nice and quiet with part throttle and cruise and screams at WOT.

Biggest deal for me is not having to tune to protect the powertrain warranty. I would like to do headers too, but it requires a tune, so that's a no go for me.

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    Headers require tune?

Havasusteve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 12 TG Sedan; SOLD

For optimal performance yes. Depending on what if anything you have already mod wise, I think you would be ok. My logic is the car comes "FAT" from the manufacturer. If you have a CAI and headers and depending upon your loca climate/altitude you may be ok.
    Now, that being said, to really make the car perform, ensure your AFR's (Air/Fuel Ratios) are good and for piece of mind, yes, you'll want the tune.

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    Thank you

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

The car would not run well at all with headers and no tune. A tune is basically required for headers, but isn't necessary at all for a Corsa sport. Get the Corsa sport and an Airaid CAI. A tune isn't needed and you will pick up very noticeable horsepower and sound. Your powertrain warranty is still intact too.

If you are going to do headers (which would require a tune), go ahead and do the pulley and all the other bolt-on mods and pick up over 100rwhp. You won't have a warranty, but you'll have a ton more power and likely the LSA engine will handle the extra power with no issues, so you won't need the powertrain warranty anyway. I'm too chicken though. Murphy's Law if I did it, something would happen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.