Is your blower lid hot to the touch?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Is your blower lid hot to the touch? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys , I didn't notice this till we got some warm whether but my lid on the blower and ...
    topend22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 607 RWHP 627 TQ 2013 SRX, 1998 Seville STS

Is your blower lid hot to the touch?

Hey guys , I didn't notice this till we got some warm whether but my lid on the blower and the new era intake gets really hot. Almost to the point you can't leave your hand on it for more then 10 20 seconds. Is this normal? Do your motors get this hot? I do have the track attack HX installed too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Re: Is your blower lid hot to the touch?

Engines work by making gas explode in the cylinders. The cylinders are made of metal and metal conducts heat. The blower is also metal and conducts this heat which makes it hot. Yes, it gets hot. This is why it has its own cooling system.

OK, I'm done. Short answer: No worries, you're perfectly OK.

Now go drive the piss out of your car and then check the oil. You'll see smoke come out of the dipstick. That had me freaked until I realized the dipstick channel goes right past the exhaust manifold.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

^^^ - All true indeed, but it's my understanding that the, 'New Era', intake includes a metal pipe, which would also heat up and transfer some of that heat to the incoming air. While this is normal with that intake, many use alternative intake kits that use non-metallic intake pipes which do not conduct as much heat and allows cooler air through to the TB/blower. Probably just a bit better IMO.

Rob

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Plus the engine heat rises, making it worse.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Don't touch it with your tongue Ralphie, and you will be fine. Remember that frozen pole?

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon, 6M, Corsa Sports

Seems to me that those engine covers trap a lot of heat or do they assist ventilation? What I'm getting at is what purpose do they serve and are they necessary? There is certainly a lot of heat trapped under the hood. Good thing the battery has a remote location.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

You can remove the engine covers...purely cosmetic and perhaps a bit of sound deadening. But you're not going to notice any performance gain or changes in cooling.

lambdaman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): saul@millenniumlasertech.com

Blower.jpg
    You want to talk about heat, listen even with a functional hood scoop this is one heat generating mother.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.