Hennessey Performance v700 upgrade - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hennessey Performance v700 upgrade in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by lambdaman I had the V700 upgrade performed on my 2011 CTS V a year ago. I'll sell ...
    buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Hennessey Performance v700 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by lambdaman View Post
    I had the V700 upgrade performed on my 2011 CTS V a year ago. I'll sell you everything Cams, Hand ported heads, complete exhaust headers & pipes, even the killer carbon fiber hood for less than half the price than Hennessey.

I tore everything out that Hennessey did and went with D3 new 427 7.0 liter engine and the 4.7 liter Kenne Belle Blower. 970 RWHP..
    Pics, videos, dyno, do tell

John Hennessey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV

Hi guys, thanks for the questions and comments. There are lots of ways to make big power on the V and we offer many options. Our V700 is very popular due to the warranty and the fact that it is available through Cadillac dealers such as Sewell and Hendricks. If somebody is looking for 800-1500 hp, we offer that too in a variety of ways from supercharging, twin turbos to nitrous. Here is something very important to consider when sending your V to an aftermarket shop: Garage keepers liability insurance. Make sure the shop you send your car to has this type of insurance in place before you send your car there. We spend over $100k per year on insurance to make sure that our customer's cars are properly protected. At any given time, we have 50 cars in our facility with a combined value of close to $5 million dollars. And each car is protected against fire, flood, test drives, etc. If a shop does not have this kind of insurance then if something happens, YOUR insurance will be the one that pays and you could end up on the short end. FYI.

A few years ago a guy owned a highly modified Ford GT and sent it to a small shop operated for some additional mods. The shop owner was test driving the car and lost control and destroyed the car. The car owner had over $300k invested in the car. And since the small shop owner didnt have garage keepers insurance, the car owner's insurance had to kick in and pay. And he only got a fraction of his investment back.

If you are going to modify your V, send it to a proper shop that runs a real business and has proper insurance.

John Hennessey
    www.HennesseyPerformance.com
    979-885-1300
    2010 CTS likes this.

MikePeters@Hennessey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

To piggyback off of what John said, we are not a small shop, and if you're looking for cheap bang/buck, that's not something we try to do.

If you're looking for a serial-numbered collectible car that you can trade in and have resold as a certified GM vehicle, that Hennessey badge is something that will get you there. All of our vehicles are built, tested, tuned and dialed in on our test track. We are the only tuner in North America with a test track on-site. You absolutely pay a premium for that. If you'd like to make 975rwhp with a Whipple, that's not something we would do, as a set of turbos is exponentially more efficient.

We aren't a speed shop, and we don't try to be. You didn't buy a CTS-V because it was the cheapest way to get horsepower, you bought a CTS-V because it is a refined, engineered, pinnacle of performance. We extend the performance aspect, without compromising anything else. GM recognizes this, as do hundreds of our clients per years that we build cars for. We cost more than 90% of other shops, we take longer than 100% of the other shops (due to our volume), and we have cars lined up outside the shop with clients who are more than excited to get their builds started, and a backlog of cars awaiting the opportunity to come here for our upgrades. Our customers know what they get, and most of them are extremely happy. Some of them take their cars to other shops after the fact for additional upgrades, and then we read posts about how our cars are messed up, when the bottom line is there was a third party involved between our build, and that is not something that we have any control over. Used Hennessey vehicles pop up all the time with 2nd owner modifications, and issues. They also pop up all the time just as they left, with no issues and delighted 2nd hand customers.

You will absolutely not find a customer of ours on here (or anywhere for that matter), with a post count of more than 5, that had a build done directly with us that was not happy. You'll find many people with used vehicles, vehicles that were modified after the fact, who may think less of the vehicles, but in all fairness, if someone else has tweaked it, it's no longer a Hennessey car, and you can't judge an edited book with some pages ripped out by it's cover. As with any used machine, there are many factors that can cause fatigue or issues, the #1 thing being lack of proper maintenance.

If you'd like to find out more about us, as John said feel free to give us a call, 979-885-1300, or you can call me directly at 713-650-5341. You're also more than welcome to come by our facility at 9281 SW I-10 Frontage Road in Sealy, TX 77474. I'll be more than happy to have you come by and show you the shop, what we build, and the 60+ cars up here owned by clients who want the most reliable, warrantied, hassle-free horsepower on the market.

Thanks,

Mike
    IBMike likes this.

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    Thanks for the Reply.

I have been researching, seriously lately.

heard from folks about your work.

Also, interested in hearing other shops chime in about the insurance dilemma.

Hey Bridgette, we always encourage people to look around and find what is the best fit for them. We turn away quite a lot of business from people who are looking for more of a speed shop, where they want a cam that they (the customer) specs out, a high-stall torque converter, nitrous, or making one-off modifications for horsepower. All of these things are cool, but they are not what our business model is, or has been for 22 years. I've personally got a 1970 Camaro I'm building, and I turn away clients with things like I have, just because that isn't what we do. As part of the sales team here we encourage customers to see if we're the best fit for them, and if we are, we love building cars for people. We build reliable serial-numbered collectible cars that you can drive to and from work everyday, take your significant other to a nice dinner, and pull up to your favorite team's stadium in, as well as everyone's favorite post-game activity, sitting in traffic trying to leave the game, that fellow gearheads will notice, and give you the good old 'thumbs-up' as you share the same 100' of road for an hour trying to leave.

If you'd like feel free to give me a call directly at 713.650.5341. We can also pick up your car from your doorstep, and drop it back off to you, all the cars have a full detail, photo shoot, and a lot of other things done that we, and our customers feel add value. Our cars are valued by KBB and NADA, and as far as modified cars are concerned, normally fetch a premium on the 2nd hand market. As stated earlier we aren't the cheapest shop, but we're also talking about modifying CTS-V's here. If you were looking for the cheapest way to make horsepower, there are plenty of 10 second Fox-Body mustangs on Craigslist for $5,000 or less, and I think we all know how we feel about the thought of driving that to work everyday, or being stuck in traffic with them, lol.

Look forward to assisting with any more questions related to Hennessey Performance's upgrades we offer for the CTS-V in this thread.

Thanks,

Mike
    IBMike likes this.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by MikePeters@Hennessey View Post
    To piggyback off of what John said, we are not a small shop, and if you're looking for cheap bang/buck, that's not something we try to do.

If you're looking for a serial-numbered collectible car that you can trade in and have resold as a certified GM vehicle, that Hennessey badge is something that will get you there. All of our vehicles are built, tested, tuned and dialed in on our test track. We are the only tuner in North America with a test track on-site. You absolutely pay a premium for that. If you'd like to make 975rwhp with a Whipple, that's not something we would do, as a set of turbos is exponentially more efficient.

We aren't a speed shop, and we don't try to be. You didn't buy a CTS-V because it was the cheapest way to get horsepower, you bought a CTS-V because it is a refined, engineered, pinnacle of performance. We extend the performance aspect, without compromising anything else. GM recognizes this, as do hundreds of our clients per years that we build cars for. We cost more than 90% of other shops, we take longer than 100% of the other shops (due to our volume), and we have cars lined up outside the shop with clients who are more than excited to get their builds started, and a backlog of cars awaiting the opportunity to come here for our upgrades. Our customers know what they get, and most of them are extremely happy. Some of them take their cars to other shops after the fact for additional upgrades, and then we read posts about how our cars are messed up, when the bottom line is there was a third party involved between our build, and that is not something that we have any control over. Used Hennessey vehicles pop up all the time with 2nd owner modifications, and issues. They also pop up all the time just as they left, with no issues and delighted 2nd hand customers.

You will absolutely not find a customer of ours on here (or anywhere for that matter), with a post count of more than 5, that had a build done directly with us that was not happy. You'll find many people with used vehicles, vehicles that were modified after the fact, who may think less of the vehicles, but in all fairness, if someone else has tweaked it, it's no longer a Hennessey car, and you can't judge an edited book with some pages ripped out by it's cover. As with any used machine, there are many factors that can cause fatigue or issues, the #1 thing being lack of proper maintenance.

If you'd like to find out more about us, as John said feel free to give us a call, 979-885-1300, or you can call me directly at 713-650-5341. You're also more than welcome to come by our facility at 9281 SW I-10 Frontage Road in Sealy, TX 77474. I'll be more than happy to have you come by and show you the shop, what we build, and the 60+ cars up here owned by clients who want the most reliable, warrantied, hassle-free horsepower on the market.

Thanks,

Mike
    Or you buy this one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/700-H...item5d41947141

Thank u

matt116 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Blackdiamond coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by lambdaman View Post
    I had the V700 upgrade performed on my 2011 CTS V a year ago. I'll sell you everything Cams, Hand ported heads, complete exhaust headers & pipes, even the killer carbon fiber hood for less than half the price than Hennessey.

I tore everything out that Hennessey did and went with D3 new 427 7.0 liter engine and the 4.7 liter Kenne Belle Blower. 970 RWHP..
    So jealous
    Ultimate set up

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

I just recently had my 30K mile '09 Cad CTS-V modified to the Hennessey V700 specs
    and I had a very positive experience with the Lake Forest, CA facility. I am very happy
    with the Hennessey crew at that facility. They were very pleasant, well informed,
    courteous, & professional and it was a very uplifting experience. I love the car & the
    power that the V700 package produces. The key players that I dealt with were Don
    Goldman, David Jette, & William Rollins, & 1 mechanic, whose name I have forgotten.
    All great people.
    Hennessey Performance Engineering cars may not be for everybody.And yes,
    they are not cheap. True quality never is cheap. I believe that you pretty much get
    what you pay for.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jzchen View Post
    This is home. Kind of hard to move... It sure is hot out. Global warming may be for real!!! Kind of makes one wish for another ice age, that and your user name.

Still think you'd need a friend. True, mine's not modded, but VINs wouldn't match. License plates can be swapped easily enough.

Thanks for remembering me! I kind of only know a few people here. I really haven't done much to the V. Don't really want to have to deal with smog issues, although I have a cousin who says that he knows someone. (Like I have money to do mods. I guess an intake is reasonably priced enough though.) Let me know and I'll ask when/if the time comes.

Many thanks, Jesse, I might take you up on that offer.

Thanks for sharing your experience Gary.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

1. Inexpensive
    2. Reliable
    3. Powerful

Choose any two, but you can't have three. :-)

It's nice to see shops with a clear picture of who they are and what they offer. I've gone the D3 route and been satisfied time and time again. Even so, there are those who will post their issues. I think the same is true for Hennessey. My only complaint with Hennessey is that I wish they get some of their customers to bring a few cars out to the Cadillac Challenge and share the fun with us on the track!

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    1. Inexpensive
    2. Reliable
    3. Powerful

Choose any two, but you can't have three. :-)

It's nice to see shops with a clear picture of who they are and what they offer. I've gone the D3 route and been satisfied time and time again. Even so, there are those who will post their issues. I think the same is true for Hennessey. My only complaint with Hennessey is that I wish they get some of their customers to bring a few cars out to the Cadillac Challenge and share the fun with us on the track!
    Haha, that's funny, Richard. On the gun forums it's: cheap, fast, good, pick any 2.
    I generally go to the GTG's but overslept for the one last weekend.
    I'm just too lazy to go to the Challenges, but I am glad for those that do.
    At my age, I am thankful to be on the top of the grass and not below it.
    I know quite a few of the peeps at D3 and they are good people.
    Rule12b likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells
    I just recently had my 30K mile '09 Cad CTS-V modified to the Hennessey V700 specs
    and I had a very positive experience with the Lake Forest, CA facility. I am very happy
    with the Hennessey crew at that facility. They were very pleasant, well informed,
    courteous, & professional and it was a very uplifting experience. I love the car & the
    power that the V700 package produces. The key players that I dealt with were Don
    Goldman, David Jette, & William Rollins, & 1 mechanic, whose name I have forgotten.
    All great people.
    Hennessey Performance Engineering cars may not be for everybody.And yes,
    they are not cheap. True quality never is cheap. I believe that you pretty much get
    what you pay for.

----------

Many thanks, Jesse, I might take you up on that offer.
    Awesome!

ajweedman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

I just got mine done with the V700 along with the Corsa Catback pipes at the Sealy TX location...I live in Austin. They were very easy to deal with. Chris took care of everything, they picked it up and had it back in less than 2 weeks. Man, I thought it was quick before....but this is crazy. It is actually a bit scary how the tires spin. Sounds awesome also. I am keeping this thing for some time. I would say if you want something that will light up the tires at half throttle and blow away just about anything on the road....when they arent expecting it...get it.

Zipperator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

Will a CAI and Flow masters pass a visual at smog??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.