Hennessey Performance v700 upgrade - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hennessey Performance v700 upgrade in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by CavemanB52 Live in a state that's not saying the sky is falling and you won't need an ...
    jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V

Re: Hennessey Performance v700 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    Live in a state that's not saying the sky is falling and you won't need an inspection.
    This is home. Kind of hard to move... It sure is hot out. Global warming may be for real!!! Kind of makes one wish for another ice age, that and your user name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    Nope, planning on using yours.
    J/K, Jesse, right.
    I'm hoping to pass smog,
    other than changing out the CAI
    Still think you'd need a friend. True, mine's not modded, but VINs wouldn't match. License plates can be swapped easily enough.

Thanks for remembering me! I kind of only know a few people here. I really haven't done much to the V. Don't really want to have to deal with smog issues, although I have a cousin who says that he knows someone. (Like I have money to do mods. I guess an intake is reasonably priced enough though.) Let me know and I'll ask when/if the time comes.

basa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

I'd call up http://www.weaponxmotorsports.com/ or http://www.realworldhorsepower.com/ for all your parts and find a good performance shop to do the install. Tell us where you're located we'll point you to a good shop, don't rely on those canned tunes, a local V with this "Hennessey" kit went to a local shop to get retuned and boy was that tune off.

buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You can get the same power for half the price, Hennessey is very overpriced but some people like the warranty. Not sure how the warranty works, could be interesting to file a claim.

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    I'm in Houston basa. Will look into see what they offer. As for warranty, Sewell Cadillac of Houston offers Hennessey packages and basically the engine would be covered by Hennessey for 3 yr/36000 mile. Everything else is covered under the factory warranty. You can bet I called 3 different times to ensure the warranty was indeed a warranty.

If I lived in Houston I'd take my car to http://www.gforce-tx.com/ no doubt, they have built some sick V's. For that extra 10k you're paying you could build your motor. Call up the guys at Gforce.
    Luna. and Mn800r like this.

lambdaman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): saul@millenniumlasertech.com

I had the V700 upgrade performed on my 2011 CTS V a year ago. I'll sell you everything Cams, Hand ported heads, complete exhaust headers & pipes, even the killer carbon fiber hood for less than half the price than Hennessey.

I tore everything out that Hennessey did and went with D3 new 427 7.0 liter engine and the 4.7 liter Kenne Belle Blower. 970 RWHP..

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    If I lived in Houston I'd take my car to http://www.gforce-tx.com/ no doubt, they have built some sick V's. For that extra 10k you're paying you could build your motor. Call up the guys at Gforce.

21st Century Muscle Cars is also an excellent option. I'd check with these guys before doing anything. They turn out some serious automobiles...

Thanks for the contacts.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Quote Originally Posted by lambdaman View Post
    I tore everything out that Hennessey did and went with D3 new 427 7.0 liter engine and the 4.7 liter Kenne Belle Blower. 970 RWHP..
    PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brigette, email me or clean up your PMs

Quote Originally Posted by basa
    Brigette, email me or clean up your PMs
    Try now

Umrswimr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post

21st Century Muscle Cars is also an excellent option. I'd check with these guys before doing anything. They turn out some serious automobiles...
    Or go with EnglandGreen since he's local to Houston.

rayjoedef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe...

There are so many other options other than Hennessey at 1/2 the price....If done correctly, you will never need a 3yr warranty....Hennessey knows this, that's why it's offered.

Quote Originally Posted by rayjoedef
    There are so many other options other than Hennessey at 1/2 the price....If done correctly, you will never need a 3yr warranty....Hennessey knows this, that's why it's offered.
    Thanks rayjoedef. I'm looking into this. Spoke with England green guys. Really nice people. Will research more since everyone seems to turn away from hennessey.

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rayjoedef View Post
    Maybe someone made a suggestion to Hennessey because of experience with Dinan....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.