CAI installed, on to Exhuast. Advice on exhaust with NO drone in cabin!?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CAI installed, on to Exhuast. Advice on exhaust with NO drone in cabin!?! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Ok guys, I installed the Air raid last week in my garage on my 2013 cts-v sedan. Now looking to ...
    Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN

Smile CAI installed, on to Exhuast. Advice on exhaust with NO drone in cabin!?!

Ok guys, I installed the Air raid last week in my garage on my 2013 cts-v sedan.

Now looking to install the exhaust.

What setup has least amount of drone in cabin, and sounds pretty mean on open throttle? I'm not looking to sound like dukes of hazard, afterall this is a caddy..hehe

Something throaty sounding.

I'm in Houston, Texas.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: CAI installed, on to Exhuast. Advice on exhaust with NO drone in cabin!?!

I was going to go that route (have airaid installed too) but seems like most exhausts you can only hear really from the outside. The noise deadending inside our cars is pretty substantial. Consensus is the corsa's sound quieter putting around and really wail on WOT.

I was going to get Corsa's but now I might just get cutouts. Still deciding.

bbradyc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I can tell you from experience on my last couple of LSx powered cars, Corsa cat-back is the only system I have had and ever hear others never mention issue of drone. Now you pay out the ass for it and it's really only going to give you better sound (not much in way of hp) but it is the perfect balance of factory sound at cruise and great sound when you stomp on it.
    Rule12b likes this.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

No drone with Corsas!

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

What about just gutting the second set of converters?

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    Second set of converters? What and where are the converters located? I meet with muffler shop at 10am tomorrow. He recommended we keep resonators and add magnaflow exhaust in place of factory (enormous) mufflers.

As for drone, if it is a well insulated car, then I'm not too worried about drone. My Vette had straight pipe from cats on back so anything quieter than that will suffice. I think.......

----------

Essentially, what he will do is replace the stock muffler next to the tailpipe with a magna flow. Leaving the rest of the piping stock. Can someone point me to a clip or feedback what this sounds like?

CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I'm going Kooks headers and X pipe to factory exhaust. I'm told that is populor with a great sound and no drone cruising on the highway. And headers is where you a bit of power. Not much but some.
    Havasusteve likes this.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Get headers that don't drone, from what I have read the stock exhaust flows quite well. But I like the sound of headers!

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

Corsa Sports are probably the best overall, but they are a bit pricy for axle-back pipe and mufflers. I'd like to do headers too, but you need to tune the car and technically the warranty is bye-bye at that point which I'm not a fan of as the LSA isn't the cheapest engine to replace if something crazy happened.

Won't get any extra power without headers if you are just talking exhaust. Headers will give better flow. Thus better cooling.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    Won't get any extra power without headers if you are just talking exhaust. Headers will give better flow. Thus better cooling.
    Never heard of anyone modifying their exhaust to get better cooling...

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post

Never heard of anyone modifying their exhaust to get better cooling...
    Well if you have an overdrive pulley it creates more pressure which creates more heat. When you headers on it creates more flow keaping HP but reduceing pressure and heat do to the increase flow. Thus it alows better control over temps. Plus you won't melt the stock cats.

----------

Overall... better cooling....

basa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

stick with stock mufflers and get a set of kooks headers, you will gain power & sound
    Havasusteve likes this.

Mufflers no matter what brand gain nothing but a sound note.

----------

Any headers will gain some power. Overall sound will come with it. Mufflers are mufflers. Dont waist your money... stock mufflers are no different than the ither brands. Its just a different sound note. Power comes from the headers.

Havasusteve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 12 TG Sedan; SOLD

Listen to videos of kooks or ARH headers with HP CATS and stock mufflers. The sound at idle is decent, apply the power and you will LOVE the sound. If you have ANY thoughts of headers in the future, wait and get them before you buy Corsa's or any other exhaust. The stock rears are good to 700 RWHP...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.