Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Best "Bang for the Buck" Mod

7K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  MPNX2 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to the V, but not modding. Just picked up a V-Coupe and wanted to improve on the already awesome performance. Car is a lease, so don't want to get too crazy, but what are the best BFTB mods? I see some Caddy tax at most big vendors, so would love to hear some input from the forum.

TIA

#11 ·
Thought I recognized the screen name.... Still have the TT? She is a beauty!

I too have a leased V and decided to go with some springs, exhaust and a few new body parts. Left the engine alone so I wouldn't deal with any issues from dealership even though they were OK with a CAI. Good luck with the mods and enjoy your new ride.

#17 ·
Haha..no TT anymore..thx for the compliment. Springs are already bought and going on ASAP. Which did you do? Any issues? Might do exhaust if I can find on the cheap....just wondering what that , intake, and tune would yield as far as power..and the cost

#13 ·
ptrd said:
HPDE's seriously.

The difference between an average driver and a good driver are more than mods can normally get over, plus it's much cheaper.
Agree this is the ultimate mod but its FAR from cheaper. Most HPDEs are $250/day with another $250 per event for insurance if you want it. Add maintenance needs on top and you're spending serious coin. But I can tell you it's the most fun mod you'll ever do with your car and you'll be a killer driver after you do it regularly for a few years.

#14 ·
The hard part is finding them - but I would say that when people spend $400 on an intake, $4-6K on wheels, $2K on audio systems, $2000 on exhaust systems, $600-1200 on protective films/clear bras, $1500 on carbon-wrapped whatever... etc - HDPE's are not terribly expensive comparatively.

And drag strips are cheap - we numbnuts with manuals can practice no-lift shifts there "legally." :D

#22 ·
I would agree with the airaid intake and tune. I used a diablo tune for 93 octane. No dyno but ran a 12.1x @ 120mph on all-season tires. I very much think with the pilot super sports I intend to get I can get into the 11s.

Airaid was easy to install in about an hour or two and tune just a few minutes (can always get a custom tune made if you want).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.