Best "Bang for the Buck" Mod - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Best "Bang for the Buck" Mod in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto While they are more common in the southwest and on the east coast, I bet there ...
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto

While they are more common in the southwest and on the east coast, I bet there is a track hosting driving events or driving schools within 4 hours of most anyone in the US.
    Agreed. By HPDE I mean road courses. The drag strip is fun and competitive but you're not learning anything about vehicle dynamics.

TKDalumni is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver Frost CTS-V

Re: Best "Bang for the Buck" Mod

Haha..no TT anymore..thx for the compliment. Springs are already bought and going on ASAP. Which did you do? Any issues? Might do exhaust if I can find on the cheap....just wondering what that , intake, and tune would yield as far as power..and the cost

Quote Originally Posted by tkracing View Post
    Thought I recognized the screen name.... Still have the TT? She is a beauty!

I too have a leased V and decided to go with some springs, exhaust and a few new body parts. Left the engine alone so I wouldn't deal with any issues from dealership even though they were OK with a CAI. Good luck with the mods and enjoy your new ride.

tkracing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts-v coupe

That must of been extremely hard to let go. That car was so bad ass! Good to see you aboard.

I have the Corsa exhaust and no issues at all. Little popping at deceleration which some people don't like but doesn't bother me. Installed D3's comp springs and again no issues. Eibachs seem to be the most popular though. Good luck with the modding and enjoy the car.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDalumni View Post
    Haha..no TT anymore..thx for the compliment. Springs are already bought and going on ASAP. Which did you do? Any issues? Might do exhaust if I can find on the cheap....just wondering what that , intake, and tune would yield as far as power..and the cost

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by MPNX2 View Post
    Does just a tune offer an advantage on an all stock motor
    Tremendous value. Up to ~50 rwhp, tune alone. GM left a lot to be gained

MPNX2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    Tremendous value. Up to ~50 rwhp, tune alone. GM left a lot to be gained
    Man sign me up! Where is a good place to get a tune in So Cal

Trainman SRT-10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by MPNX2 View Post
    Man sign me up! Where is a good place to get a tune in So Cal
    See Charlie at RPM Motors (661-299-6587) in Santa Clarita, close to Magic Mountain. I have a 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6-speed manual. Pure stock it made 458 rwhp @ 6,200 rpm, after tuning 493 rwhp @ 6,550 rpm (483 rwhp @ 6,200 rpm). then installed AIRAID w/ dry filter, made 515.6 rwhp. Went to the strip...12.24 @118.91 on street tires. 91 octane tune.

fastpharmd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan

I would agree with the airaid intake and tune. I used a diablo tune for 93 octane. No dyno but ran a 12.1x @ 120mph on all-season tires. I very much think with the pilot super sports I intend to get I can get into the 11s.

Airaid was easy to install in about an hour or two and tune just a few minutes (can always get a custom tune made if you want).

MPNX2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainman SRT-10 View Post

See Charlie at RPM Motors (661-299-6587) in Santa Clarita, close to Magic Mountain. I have a 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6-speed manual. Pure stock it made 458 rwhp @ 6,200 rpm, after tuning 493 rwhp @ 6,550 rpm (483 rwhp @ 6,200 rpm). then installed AIRAID w/ dry filter, made 515.6 rwhp. Went to the strip...12.24 @118.91 on street tires. 91 octane tune.
    I am in that area a lot...in fact I bought my V at Parkway. Next time I am in the area I will swing in and talk with him. Thanks for the contact info

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.