Anyone recommend a good performance shop in St. Louis?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Anyone recommend a good performance shop in St. Louis? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey STL folks! Can any of you recommend me a good shop to do some work I want done on ...
    fastpharmd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan

Anyone recommend a good performance shop in St. Louis?

Hey STL folks!

Can any of you recommend me a good shop to do some work I want done on my 09 V Sedan?

Looking to do upper pulley, possibly port the TB and snout, maybe some headers (possibly the ones in my signature....), maybe some exhaust work, and a dyno tune.

I have previously worked with Ben Kraven and will never do so again, but other recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ruskiyab is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Anyone recommend a good performance shop in St. Louis?

I've seen some good work out of Craven, a buddy of mine ran 10 something a few weeks ago with some ironing out left. Just out of curiosity, why are you against them?

xsvn2o is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon

Pm'd

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Give Chad Barton of CBI a call. He's in Hillsboro. Dave Steck of DSX did my steet tune after Chad finished the wrenching.

fastpharmd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
    I've seen some good work out of Craven, a buddy of mine ran 10 something a few weeks ago with some ironing out left. Just out of curiosity, why are you against them?
    Without getting into details, a poor tune resulted in a lean situation which toasted the top of 2 pistons in a previous project.

STL09 V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Give Chad Barton of CBI a call. He's in Hillsboro. Dave Steck of DSX did my steet tune after Chad finished the wrenching.
    Yep. Chad did all of my work too and Dave hammered out the tuning.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by fastpharmd View Post
    Without getting into details, a poor tune resulted in a lean situation which toasted the top of 2 pistons in a previous project.
    I know who tunes over there. Doesn't supirse me one bit. I know of tons of horror stories coming out of that shop.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

I have talked chad and am going to have him put on an rx intercooler chiller on my supercharged gto, then have Dave tune it. I can't comment on the work though as it is not done yet. I will probably have Dave tune my V wagon as well, but it is going to stay stock except for a modified stock airbox.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.