Need opinions on this build... Airaid, B&B, D3 - HX, 9.5 Lower, Injectors, tune.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Need opinions on this build... Airaid, B&B, D3 - HX, 9.5 Lower, Injectors, tune. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; As a first time tuner I wanted to get some opinions on an upcoming build. Had the CTSV for bit ...
    pylee257 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Need opinions on this build... Airaid, B&B, D3 - HX, 9.5 Lower, Injectors, tune.

As a first time tuner I wanted to get some opinions on an upcoming build. Had the CTSV for bit over a year now with the Airaid, and B&B exhaust and made some impulse buys last night from D3 which included the pulley kit, rear skirt diffuser and rear spoiler.

I have been thinking about a lot of mods listed on this forum and with so many success stories dealing with overboosting I have finally decided to make a purchase.

Reliability is definitely my main concern; In your opinion would the mods listed below be considered a somewhat "safe" build? Again as this is my first tuning experience (drove a Toyota Land Cruiser, and Lexus GS, IS prior to the V) I just wanted to ask as many questions as possible be on the safer side for the longevity of the motor while getting a decent upgrade in power.

Airaid Intake
    B&B Catback Exhaust
    D3 Intercooler / Heat Exchanger
    D3 9.5" Lower Pulley
    D3 High PSI Injectors
    D3 Lid Spacer
    D3 Auto Trans Tune and Dyno Tune

Would it be a better idea to exchange the lower for a 9.0" or would the supporting mods listed be adequate enough in keeping things safe? Also has anyone tried any of these parts for themselves? or recommendations?

Has anyone ever had their cars tuned at D3? with the Auto Trans Tune have you seen a great improvement with shift execution after actually telling the car to shift?

So far with this build D3 has been extremely helpful with their recommendations however any of your input would also be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hlantin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Silver MT CTS-V Sedan - Recaro/Graphite Wheels

Re: Need opinions on this build... Airaid, B&B, D3 - HX, 9.5 Lower, Injectors, tune.

your planned mods should give you a pretty good boost in power and still maintain reliability. i have a manual, so i won't be able to comment on the trans tune, but the ecu tune in my car has been working for me so far. several guys in the cad challenge have the trans tune in their cads, and, to give you an idea, these guys are some of the fastest cars out on the track (research SV logs from the last Big Willow Springs event )!

what is your goal? strip/track/autox/street? this will probably make a difference on your trans tune?

good luck to you. if you happen to be local, you'll have a few choices, but i would consider having D3 do the install.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.