New Caddy 2013 CTSV owner...need advice on CAI - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Caddy 2013 CTSV owner...need advice on CAI in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; i cut the bottom of my stock box and tunneled a custom ram air dam up. The supercharger is def ...
    Mr V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Re: New Caddy 2013 CTSV owner...need advice on CAI

i cut the bottom of my stock box and tunneled a custom ram air dam up. The supercharger is def louder and the Ass-o-meter can be felt for sure. It was all done by me for under $10 and less then an hour

Fastone27 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan, 08 SRX4

I just bought my Airaid 251-253 CAI on Amazon for $334 shipped and Airaid has a $30.00 off coupon going on now until the 30th so not a bad deal i think!

09CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

You mean 250-253? I got one for 299.99 at amazon shipped. Hope thats the right part number

htron is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by 09CTSV View Post
    You mean 250-253? I got one for 299.99 at amazon shipped. Hope thats the right part number
    airaid shows both of these part numbers, 250-253 and 251-253 as being for the 2009-2013 (and therefore 2014) cts-v...anyone know what the difference is?

unfortunately, on their site "cadillac" isn't an option in the search box...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by htron View Post
    airaid shows both of these part numbers, 250-253 and 251-253 as being for the 2009-2013 (and therefore 2014) cts-v...anyone know what the difference is?

unfortunately, on their site "cadillac" isn't an option in the search box...
    Well, I found my own answer, but that did prompt a follow-up question...apparently "250" is the oiled option, "251" is the dry...any recommendations?

09CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I got my 250 model today.

Age old dilema. Some people say the oil can cause problems with the map/maf sensor. Typically the only problems people usually have with that is after they clean them for the first time and the OVER oil them and sucks onto maf sensor throwing codes. If it is cleaned, dried and then just coated with oil like you are supposed to it wont cause problems. Oiled of course traps more dirt. Dry will flow better in beggining slightly then oiled but once they are dirty are the same. Dry you can blow out with compressed air once or twice but then needs replacement. I guess its just your preference. Either will work fine. I went with oiled. On my Diesel I have a dry filter. Go figure !

rjh
    rjh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 ctsv coupe

I bought my Airaid cai direct from them because they made me a blue synthamax filter to match my opulent blue coupe at no extra charge.
    Easy install and it runs and sounds great and the folks at Airaid were great to work with. Borla sport axle back to be installed shortly.
    Life is a never ending chance to buy new toys and smile.

Slamminv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Airaid

BritV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 V-wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgette2013 View Post
    Autoeverything had the Air Raid setup.

Ordered it.

Cost $298 shipped. Crazy cheap for the anticipated HP/Torque gains.
    Just ordered mine for my 2013 V-Wagon. Did not get your great price though...paid $343.48 shipped from Amazon.

strapp1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Grabbed mine from the Tirerack a few months ago for $275 on clearance.

Red VCoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V coupe

rjh

I bought my Airaid cai direct from them because they made me a blue synthamax filter to match my opulent blue coupe at no extra charge.
    Easy install and it runs and sounds great and the folks at Airaid were great to work with. Borla sport axle back to be installed shortly.
    Life is a never ending chance to buy new toys and smile.

Please post the results of your Borla. I am interested in that set up too, but it seems many here go with the Corsa.

..Swift.. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 SRX

Just ordered mine through AutoZone. They have a 20% off coupon that ends the 29th in 2 days.
    The Coupon code is 20OFF
    Brings in from 339.00 down to 271.00 better grab them while you can guys

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.