Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New Caddy 2013 CTSV owner...need advice on CAI

12K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  ..Swift.. 
#1 ·
Hi all...

Just bought a brand new 13' cts v sedan. Looking for an intake and heard of air raid as the one to go with.

Does anyone currently own a 2013 and have put the air raid cia on their ride?

I want to make sure nonissues with your the sensors/fitment etc.

Thanks

#34 ·
airaid shows both of these part numbers, 250-253 and 251-253 as being for the 2009-2013 (and therefore 2014) cts-v...anyone know what the difference is?

unfortunately, on their site "cadillac" isn't an option in the search box...

----------

airaid shows both of these part numbers, 250-253 and 251-253 as being for the 2009-2013 (and therefore 2014) cts-v...anyone know what the difference is?

unfortunately, on their site "cadillac" isn't an option in the search box...
Well, I found my own answer, but that did prompt a follow-up question...apparently "250" is the oiled option, "251" is the dry...any recommendations?

#35 ·
I got my 250 model today.

Age old dilema. Some people say the oil can cause problems with the map/maf sensor. Typically the only problems people usually have with that is after they clean them for the first time and the OVER oil them and sucks onto maf sensor throwing codes. If it is cleaned, dried and then just coated with oil like you are supposed to it wont cause problems. Oiled of course traps more dirt. Dry will flow better in beggining slightly then oiled but once they are dirty are the same. Dry you can blow out with compressed air once or twice but then needs replacement. I guess its just your preference. Either will work fine. I went with oiled. On my Diesel I have a dry filter. Go figure !

#36 ·
I bought my Airaid cai direct from them because they made me a blue synthamax filter to match my opulent blue coupe at no extra charge.
Easy install and it runs and sounds great and the folks at Airaid were great to work with. Borla sport axle back to be installed shortly.
Life is a never ending chance to buy new toys and smile.

#40 ·
rjh
Re: New Caddy 2013 CTSV owner...need advice on CAI

I bought my Airaid cai direct from them because they made me a blue synthamax filter to match my opulent blue coupe at no extra charge.
Easy install and it runs and sounds great and the folks at Airaid were great to work with. Borla sport axle back to be installed shortly.
Life is a never ending chance to buy new toys and smile.

Please post the results of your Borla. I am interested in that set up too, but it seems many here go with the Corsa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.