If you're not driving on Michelin Pilot SUPER SPORTS you must pick up a set!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, If you're not driving on Michelin Pilot SUPER SPORTS you must pick up a set! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The level of traction grip when accelerating and cornering, even when cold is an entirely new echelon of performance over ...
    Mr. LCP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

If you're not driving on Michelin Pilot SUPER SPORTS you must pick up a set!

The level of traction grip when accelerating and cornering, even when cold is an entirely new echelon of performance over a lesser tire like the Pilot Sport. And if you've gone to a lesser tire than the Pilot Sport, the difference must be insurmountable. These tires transform driving this car especially with how easily it used to light up the rears. Please pick them up if you can. They also last longer to offset their price; keep that in mind.
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Re: If you're not driving on Michelin Pilot SUPER SPORTS you must pick up a set!

Soon......

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: If you're not driving on Michelin Pilot SUPER SPORTS you must pick up a set!

Yes, I got some last year, and was able only to use them a little. I love them so far too!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Stop yelling at me!

opcorn:

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Has anybody tried the Super Sports in 1/4 mile?

What would be the improvement in 0 to 60 foot times?

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

only place available is maybe tirerack....sucks.

Tire Rack is the best.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

I guess I'm psyched since I have a fresh set to go on whenever I get around to pulling my track tires/wheels. They look good sitting next to my lift

Got them from tire rack. Yes, that place rocks. I sold them some high tech DC torquing tools to do their multi-piece wheel assembly on-site. They have a short test track and every month they HAVE to take one of their fleet of cars on the track to evaluate tires so they have first hand experience. Very cool facility.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

I'm sorry but these night and day tire reviews are very sketchy and are usually more buyer self - reassurance than reality. If you put Pilot Sports and Super Sports on a pair of V's, I'd bet the lap times would be within 1-2 seconds of each other on a road course. Heck, even drag radials on a stock V seem to improve a 1/4 mi time by about 0.5s. So, no. Super Sports aren't a world better.

That being said, they are very likely to be the next tire on my car. I'm just not expecting them to be R comps.

Tire Rack is a great place and worth a visit to their South Bend headquarters. They hold autocross events on their test track and it's awesome. Like a mini road course.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I'm glad you like your PS2 tires. I presume you are in a very warm climate and have smooth roads. In the Midwest and colder to moderate temps, I think they suck big time. They are hard, noisy and have poor traction under 65 degree temps. Don't flame me, this has just been my experience with two different sets of PS2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    I'm glad you like your PS2 tires. I presume you are in a very warm climate and have smooth roads. In the Midwest and colder to moderate temps, I think they suck big time. They are hard, noisy and have poor traction under 65 degree temps. Don't flame me, this has just been my experience with two different sets of PS2's.
    You're pretty much describing any maximum performance summer tire.

muohio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

How much longer do they really last?

Quote Originally Posted by muohio View Post
    How much longer do they really last?
    Again, super subjective and not something you're going to get any kind of reliable answer regarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    My V was in MA...

rgp6373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v
    Well I have 640rwhp and with the pilot ss I can put full throttle in 2nd gear, with the old ps2 i would spin well into 3rd gear even 4th . So yes they makes huge difference

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.