Exhaust choice - more of a c63 sound.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Exhaust choice - more of a c63 sound. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi guys, I'm new here and have a 2011 cts-v sedan. I want it to sound more German, like a ...
    Emile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v

Exhaust choice - more of a c63 sound.

Hi guys, I'm new here and have a 2011 cts-v sedan. I want it to sound more German, like a c63 for example. I know that there are major differences between the respective motors, but a lot of the c63 sound is down to exhaust note. I'm looking at the corsa axle back sports, which you guys seem to like. I have watched a bunch of videos but its hard to get a real feel for it.

In essence my question is: what do you guys suggest?

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

E

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Exhaust choice - more of a c63 sound.

While exhaust has somewhat to do with it, sorry it's going to be hard to get that c63 grumble.

The c63 is still N/A too so that doesn't help. From what I read, the corsa sports are quieter putting around town and really get loud when you stomp on it.

Hey thanks!

I totally understand that they won't sound the same. That said there is a lovely metallic clatter that comes from the c63, which makes it sound quite special, and it was that I was hoping to match. Thanks again for your input though.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I would say Corsa has that metallic rattle. To me, B&B sounds best with a deep, low snarl...

mannyz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS(Sold) Black 09 V

Well, I have a friend with a modded C63 and I can tell you that our cars will probably not come close to that kind of sound. That being said, he loves the sound of my car better and so do most of the folks that see both cars together . Corsa is more high pitched and in your face when WOT. Here's a video of my corsa touring mufflers with Kooks.

Thanks so much guys!! I guess the next question is axle back or cat back? The price difference is quite small. Btw u guys are an amazing resource, and have helped every step of the way!

----------

Hey mannyz ur car sounds amazing!!! Omg! Yep, that metallic sound is lovely! Just what I a looking for. More European and 'performance'! That video is brutal! R u in Oxfordshire?

CJCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My car - Kooks to corsa touring

CJCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Dbish's car, kooks to stock mufflers iirc.

Seems like the touring has a really nice sound, although the kooks could be playing a big part. The kooks with stock sounds like a NASCAR, perhaps not quite the sound I am looking for albeit an EPIC SOUND nevertheless!

I think I am going to go for the corsa axle back, or the full system. Back to YouTube! Thanks so much guys! Ill post a vid once done. Thoughts on sport vs touring? Cat vs axel back?

Corsa here are dealer fitted, and does not alter the warranty.

mannyz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS(Sold) Black 09 V

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Thanks so much guys!! I guess the next question is axle back or cat back? The price difference is quite small. Btw u guys are an amazing resource, and have helped every step of the way!

----------

Hey mannyz ur car sounds amazing!!! Omg! Yep, that metallic sound is lovely! Just what I a looking for. More European and 'performance'! That video is brutal! R u in Oxfordshire?
    No I live in Suffolk are near Cambridge (Newmarket). Here are a couple videos of the car. The first one is with corsa touring BEFORE headers. It had that "whistle sound" people mention but not too loud if you ask me.

----------

----------

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Well, this is mine with Kooks and Corsa Touring including supplemental resonators. I loved it this way, although now I run SW 2" headers with a full three-inch prototype Corsa Exhaust. . .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9jDrdkshgE

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.