Feedback from those with springs and/or swaybar upgrades
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Feedback from those with springs and/or swaybar upgrades in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I saw someone post in a thread about how they swapped out for D3 comp lowering springs and swaybars, asked ...
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Feedback from those with springs and/or swaybar upgrades

I saw someone post in a thread about how they swapped out for D3 comp lowering springs and swaybars, asked them how the ride was and lost track of the thread.

In this thread, I am looking for feedback on people who have been there/done that on suspension upgrades: I am looking for less body roll and a more competition-orientated ride relative to the OEM sport mode settings - basically just springs and/or sways as I'd like to keep the factory mag ride setup. I understand there are always trade offs, but I hesitate to use subjective terminology like "stiffer" or "more harsh" in describing what I'd tolerate - so I'd like you to chime in with feedback. I do not mind the lowering aspect of the more common mods, but it's not my primary goal.

Instead of more HP, I am looking at better tires and suspension changes to improve my driving experience - which is admittedly atypical. I am familiar with D3's offerings and eibach, but I prefer real-world experiences.

A. What parts did you swap (sways, springs, other?)
    B. How much more firmness/stiffness/less body roll/etc do you feel was gained with these changes, relative to "sport" mode settings? 20% 30% more?
    C. Would you do anything different in retrospect? Are these mods reasonable for a daily-driver, given I expect the compromises of a competition-orientated handling change?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kramer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Feedback from those with springs and/or swaybar upgrades

I just recently swapped to D3 springs. I love the ride, just near like factory but with less body roll. These springs are progressive rate which means under normal driving, factory like ride, throw it into a corner and the springs stiffen up as they compress, providing more control and less body roll. Great change! Now have the swaybars ordered, awaiting their arrival!!!

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

D3 springs and swaybars here. Huge improvement all around. Ride is slightly firmer during normal driving. Ride quality is better IMO but I like a firmer ride. On the track is where they REALLY shine though. MUCH better handling MUCH less body roll. Best investment I made in my V!

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser68 View Post
    D3 springs and swaybars here. Huge improvement all around. Ride is slightly firmer during normal driving. Ride quality is better IMO but I like a firmer ride. On the track is where they REALLY shine though. MUCH better handling MUCH less body roll. Best investment I made in my V!
    How was your purchase experience with D3 - I am leary of the feedback I see on a daily basis.

And how much of a PITA is it to install those swaybars?

rayjoedef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe...

Random,

I have D3 comp springs....one of them failed....they overnighted a new pair - I consider that pretty good service.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Ordering process was simple, got everything in a timely fashion.

Installation of the rear sway bar was really easy. Not so much for the front. You have to drop the sub frame in order to snake the front bar through. Took me about 45 minutes to get it through without trashing the paint on the new bar. That was AFTER removing everything I needed to remove. I think I spent a solid day doing the springs and sway bars.

For springs I had to use a spring compressor on the fronts but other than that springs are pretty simple. The rears practically fall out after you remove the shock bolt.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Labour on the sways is high due to the work to get them in. I'd love to have a stiffer set of stock height springs but I don't believe anyone makes them. (I need stock height for winter driving)

jb_bgg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black/Black V, Manual, Recaros, loaded

Addco also now offers sway bars; WeaponX can get them for you. 3 hole adjust with diameter options depending on your needs. Rear sway is simple if you have an axle back exhaust and can easily drop the cans. Otherwise a bit more time consuming. Front is a different story entirely; spindles disconnected, subframe needs to be dropped, etc. etc. Not very easy...

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I just talked to Addco tech, and they're 6 weeks away from production. So the wait continues......

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,

We are actually in the middle of another production run of our track proven CTS-V sway bars. Also please keep in mind that there is a drastic difference in material composition... We are pretty certain you will not find another sway bar option on the market that will match the performance, quality, and material composition for the CTS-V application. Give us a call and we can help you end the wait.

http://d3groupinc.com/d3-competition-sway-bar-kit/

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    I just talked to Addco tech, and they're 6 weeks away from production. So the wait continues......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.