Attention V2 Whipple owners - it's time to seek restitution
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Attention V2 Whipple owners - it's time to seek restitution in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; By now you should know that the Whipples keep busting . Several guys have sent their blowers to Whipple for ...
    CADZLA RETURNS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Blown by Ed Hutchings, 08 Escalade

Attention V2 Whipple owners - it's time to seek restitution

By now you should know that the Whipples keep busting . Several guys have sent their blowers to Whipple for various repairs including bearing replacement , rotor replacements, jack shaft upgrades. So far nothing has resolved the issues and they keep breaking . It's obvious that Keith Cring of KDI did not perform sufficient R&D on the product prior to putting it on the market. It wasn't tested properly and was never proven to work effectively, efficiently. Also, when it did work it wasn't any better than a stock or stock ported blower. It did not make any more power than a stock blower. I don't know of one guy that is still running his Whipple . So basically guys are stuck with a $7200 paper weight. Keith knew there were problems with the blower and he kept selling them, touting how great it is, blah , blah.
    He also stated that the Whipple came with a warranty which it did not . Fortunately, Whipple came through for some, possibly all the guys , and did repairs at no charge. I'm sure they did this to help Keith out . The bottom line is Keith sold an untested, unproven inferior product. He also grossly misrepresented the power capabilities of the unit . He has screwed over a LOT of guys, not just guys that bought whipples. Whipple may also have some liability here as they sold the head unit with its name stamped on it. I have several emails from Mike at Whipple that will not help Whipples case.
    The damage is much more than $7200, the cost of the blower. A new hood had to be purchased ($1500+), cost of removal and installation, shipping both ways, etc.
    If you bought a Whipple and want to explore various options to recover the money you've spent please send me a PM

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Boosted2000si is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 CTSV

Re: Attention V2 Whipple owners - it's time to seek restitution

Oh my god, just stop.

You are seriously the worst automotive enthusiast of all time.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

I think I'd just point out my issues, as for a full refund, and leave it at that.

Nobody every really "wins" a lawsuit - except for the lawyers. We don't need to keep feeding the animals.
    Tedboss1, Tedboss1, BlownV and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    I think I'd just point out my issues, as for a full refund, and leave it at that.

Nobody every really "wins" a lawsuit - except for the lawyers. We don't need to keep feeding the animals.
    I agree 100% .And this is an option. I've tried the refund request long time ago and got nowhere. But there is power in numbers . I would start by securing a list of guys that aren't pleased with the Whipple and send a letter to Keith and Art Whipple for starters. Then go from there .

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Anyone else here think CADZLA has no prior experience in motorsports and probably very little to no time turning a wrench? Thank you for helping to turn this forum into a bitch-fest and make V owners look like spoiled children. Please go buy a ford and join another forum.

(Yes this post has no real added value and I typically don't like making comments like this but since every other person on here seems to have no respect for you as well, please STFU)

Boosted2000si is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post
    Anyone else here think CADZLA has no prior experience in motorsports and probably very little to no time turning a wrench? Thank you for helping to turn this forum into a bitch-fest and make V owners look like spoiled children. Please go buy a ford and join another forum.

(Yes this post has no real added value and I typically don't like making comments like this but since every other person on here seems to have no respect for you as well, please STFU)

Please dont even recommend him to the Ford guys, send his ass directly to start, Honda-Tech.com

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    wut.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

lol...fair enough Sir.

I am just waiting for the angry childish reply from him where he accuses me of homosexual behavior and tells me that he is just stating the 'FACTS' and that numerous other people have contacted him personally and agree with everything he says.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

it actually is funny now.

I think this says it best: "You are seriously the worst automotive enthusiast of all time. "
    BlownV, BlownV, SilverrV and 1 others like this.

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I thought he was banned. Which one of you let him back in?

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

I bought a whipple from Keith and it failed once on me and once on the new owner I sold the V to. There have in fact numerous owners that I am aware of that have also had the whipple fail not once but twice. Initially it was suspected as having pulley's misaligned but once it was addressed, the units kept failing.
    KDI did market them as a kit for the V and it has been a nightmare for anyone who bought one. That being said, I do not want to be involved in a lawsuit. I sold the car with a 427 and whipple to my dealership. They shipped the whipple off to whipple for repair and then reinstalled it on the motor and sold the car to a member of the forum.
    The member was well aware of the history with the car, motor, and whipple. I was told it failed again 500 miles later. Because I have moved on, I have no dog in the fight and cannot be bothered with Keith and the whipple. I can though understand Cadzla's frustration as he is still stuck with the $7,200 paper weight. Maybe he can sell it on eBay. I dunno.

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post

Get a life bro. You don't own a Whipple obviously so you have no interest in this thread. You probably can't afford one either. Also , you're the only one acting childish . Maybe Luna too. Yes , I've turned a wrench it's not rocket science . What does that have to do with a company selling a $7200 inferior product??? You make no sense . Time to get off your daddy's computer. lol

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    it actually is funny now.

I think this says it best: "You are seriously the worst automotive enthusiast of all time. "

Since you guys have nothing better to do why don't you visit the other site and rip Danny (ultimateendz) on his Whipple thread ,? You guys are nothing but keyboard warriors ! You can also keep your childish/retarded/senseless comments over there too.

----------

CB - Thanks for the post. But these guys don't care. They are here just to spout off, act tough and feed off each other. They are probably friends of Keith (or maybe one is Keith. LOL). I'll give them an honorable mention on my site. Cheers!

Yes, I'm insanely childish and using daddy's computer and must not have any financial security. Those must be more of those FACTS that you talk about constantly and have been determined by you through rigorous investigation. My statements about you are all based on things you HAVE SAID YOURSELF YOU DUMBASS. Every thread or comment you make is a complaint about someone or something but you tell other people they are PMS-ing (mental disorder perhaps?). You pay to play. You think most of us haven't spent a ton of money on things that have gone boom? Over $100,000 invested in my last track car and I would guess at least $20,000 was spent on things that eventually didn't work / hold up / never met their advertised performance. It happens. This is racing. This is motorsports (hence the turn a wrench comment that you couldn't comprehend). You don't want to take these chances then go take up knitting. Otherwise stop trying to turn this entire forum into a class action lawsuit against one person or another. It is embarrassing. You are embarrassing...which is probably why other forums banned you. It was said already before...but what do YOU think makes more sense...that everyone else is wrong who wishes you were banned and that all another forums that banned you were full of idiots...or that YOU ARE THE IDIOT? THINK ABOUT IT. Go troll somewhere else. Luna said it best. Btw, since you used the phrase 'get a life bro'...I would guess that you don't have the maturity that most of us would expect from a 32 year old. Just FYI, this is not my first V...the last was an STS-V and I do make a living with rocket science helping to secure the very freedom that allows you to own your damn car...so yes I can afford a whipple. Or a KB. Or my cessna.

FYI, I love the irony of your post. Bashing 'keyboard warriors' and lacking enough intelligence to realize that that is all you are to everyone on this forum. And probably the least respected of anyone on this forum.
    Luna., Luna., Trapspeed and 3 others like this.

Yeah, the keyboard warrior claim was highly hypocritical...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.