Newbie Question - Upper Pulley, Lower Pulley or Both? A Bit Confused - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Newbie Question - Upper Pulley, Lower Pulley or Both? A Bit Confused in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by CavemanB52 I don't see anything hostle in my words sir or mam. I apologize if you feel ...
    rayjoedef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe...

Re: Newbie Question - Upper Pulley, Lower Pulley or Both? A Bit Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    I don't see anything hostle in my words sir or mam. I apologize if you feel so. Maybe you should go back and read both our statements and see who is really being hostle or trying to pick an argument. Your statements are also off. I said 90 hp which means we are only differing by 30. I said 2.5 not 2.55. This may be the difference. It doesn't take much with the upper. I here there is a 2.35 now that produces the same as a 10.5 lower. Pick a fight with someone else. And god bless.
    God Bless....

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

I agree with Caveman, he doesn't have to prove anything. He was just at first offering his own personal findings from this forum's reputible source, which he didn't have to, but he did for the OP's benefit. Then rayjoedef chimes in with a comment disagreeing with the addition of 100rwhp. good, he's entitled to his opinion even he's a nanny. I'm pretty sure 90whp+ is possible if all the OP wants to do is maximize power through increased boost. Dual pulleys? He'll get hte 90 with a tune, now would it be completely impossible that he would get an aftermarket air intake? more than likely...but maybe he'll tell us for sure. when increasing the boost it's a good idea to introduce some better cooling mods to the system. an air intake is an excellent first step. but if you live in a warm climate year round, you might need to figure out another solution.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Yea. I'm torn between larger intercooler and meth right now. Leaning towards 3" intercooler from WeaponX.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Meth requires a retune. Are you talking pre or post boost?

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Already have a tune with the pully. I was going to inject pre boost. What's the difference?

----------

Better yet... which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    I agree with Caveman, he doesn't have to prove anything. He was just at first offering his own personal findings from this forum's reputible source, which he didn't have to, but he did for the OP's benefit. Then rayjoedef chimes in with a comment disagreeing with the addition of 100rwhp. good, he's entitled to his opinion even he's a nanny. I'm pretty sure 90whp+ is possible if all the OP wants to do is maximize power through increased boost. Dual pulleys? He'll get hte 90 with a tune, now would it be completely impossible that he would get an aftermarket air intake? more than likely...but maybe he'll tell us for sure. when increasing the boost it's a good idea to introduce some better cooling mods to the system. an air intake is an excellent first step. but if you live in a warm climate year round, you might need to figure out another solution.
    Hugh...thanks for the recap but I believe Caveman and I are good. The question inherently asked 100hp gain from a upper, cai, and tune. Nobody mentioned cooling until later in the thread. I may have been a bit aggressive with Caveman but my frustration lies with many claims of high hp with little work. Granted, a lot of cheap hp can be made early in the build but to increase hp by 90-100 at the wheels takes a little more imagination. If you're going to insult me, make sure you re-read what you write for greater impact. You can put your superman cape back in the closet, no saving needed here.

palindrome1H is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm new here. How much boost are these stock blowers good to? What about how much crank HP the LSA engines can take without going inside the engine or upgrading the heads? Basically, max boost and max HP with headers, injectors and great cooling?

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Quote Originally Posted by rayjoedef View Post
    Hugh...thanks for the recap but I believe Caveman and I are good. The question inherently asked 100hp gain from a upper, cai, and tune. Nobody mentioned cooling until later in the thread. I may have been a bit aggressive with Caveman but my frustration lies with many claims of high hp with little work. Granted, a lot of cheap hp can be made early in the build but to increase hp by 90-100 at the wheels takes a little more imagination. If you're going to insult me, make sure you re-read what you write for greater impact. You can put your superman cape back in the closet, no saving needed here.
    Like I said, full on nanny. Well here we have it: the OP can't get +100whp with pulley and air intake mods. more are needed. well in a perfect environment, maybe an intake with both upper and lower pulley's can't create a hundred hp on their own, but also remember that when you do "cooling mods" you're not actually "increasing the horsepower," per say, but you’re actually restoring the horsepower lost in heat mainly from the boost. so you can see my point is that if you run your car in northern Germany you probably don’t need any cooling mods due to the cold year-round climate, in which case you can probably make 100 extra horsepower. Someone in, say, Florida may require some cooling mods for that 100, or even someone at a higher elevation..

more incoherent drool....As much as I'd love to duel, I think maybe death on the vine serves you best.
    HUGN*RDS and HUGN*RDS like this.

simplec6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by palindrome1H View Post
    I'm new here. How much boost are these stock blowers good to? What about how much crank HP the LSA engines can take without going inside the engine or upgrading the heads? Basically, max boost and max HP with headers, injectors and great cooling?
    I'm interested in the answer to this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.