Stock 2011 coupe m6 510hp - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Stock 2011 coupe m6 510hp in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Interesting, I will have a look as soon as I get it on a lift Originally Posted by gaduser Your ...
    Eightsecv6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2dr cpe

Re: Stock 2011 coupe m6 510hp

Interesting, I will have a look as soon as I get it on a lift

Quote Originally Posted by gaduser View Post
    Your V is like mine - 2011 Coupe.

I wonder if you have or can easily have a look at your stock exhaust?

While looking over the underside of my V Coupe, I noticed that the cross section of the left exhaust pipe is quite oval, while the right is circular. That is in the area immediately behind the flange where the pipe becomes parallel to the ground. The height of the left pipe section is about 1.7 inches while the right is about 2.5 inches, the pipe diameter.

That really seems odd for a high performance system. Since the two sides are so symmetrical, I would expect the pipe dimensions to be very similar at each point. Further, I expect that symmetry was actually chosen to provide good back pressure balance over the operating range.

How does your's look? I would really appreciate hearing.

Good luck with your V. I have only driven mine for a couple of thousand miles so far - fun car!

Regards,

gad

Purple87SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS-V, 1987 Turbo Buick WE4
    Billy Anderson??? Turbo Buick Billy? Messing with Vs now, huh. Good deal. MAGNA club rep from NJ here, also with a V. Seems like a lot of GN guys are also V owners.

Eightsecv6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2dr cpe

Re: Stock 2011 coupe m6 510hp

Quote Originally Posted by Purple87SS View Post
    Billy Anderson??? Turbo Buick Billy? Messing with Vs now, huh. Good deal. MAGNA club rep from NJ here, also with a V. Seems like a lot of GN guys are also V owners.
    HAHA! Whats up? I cant leave anything alone, fun car!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.